• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok what are your thoughts on daily stats?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Basher

Like to see anything changed? How often do you check them out? How do they load (I'm on cable so just about everything is quick for me)? I tried to cut out as many pic's as possible to increase the download since there are 100 users per page. Any other comments? Anything else you would like to see on the site?

I still really have not looked at them much, looked a little tonight but this weekend I will look more closely. Basically all I checked was to make sure the data was accurate.

i've tried using cable and modem, it's ok! doesn't feel too slow when i'm on modem.

btw, i have a question wanna ask a long time ago.

whenever ur mouse move on the link, it change it's size (smaller). sometimes it's kinda annoying..... i've tested on IE 5.x & 6.x, and Netscape 6.2. i heard u guys r using Front Page to work on the site. i think it might be the stylesheet's problem. might wanna take a look at it. if, all u want is just "color change on mouseover" & "no underline", then a much simpler stylesheet could do. if u like i could provide the code, so u could just cut&paste onto every page. just my 0.02 cents

I really like having the daily stats on our site. I've noticed the mouse-over effect Landshark mentions and while it does not bother me I did think it a little odd that the text got smaller instead of changing color or getting bigger or something. Not a big deal to me either way. :)

Cy

I think the change is most distracting because of the font change...

light green is TIMES and on roll-over it becomes red ARIAL, all though they both appear to be the same size, Times is not a fixed width font...

:rolleyes: just my 2 cents...

BTW, yes... I use the daily stats several times a day it seems... GREAT addition... :D

LandShark said:
i've tried using cable and modem, it's ok! doesn't feel too slow when i'm on modem.

btw, i have a question wanna ask a long time ago.

whenever ur mouse move on the link, it change it's size (smaller). sometimes it's kinda annoying..... i've tested on IE 5.x & 6.x, and Netscape 6.2. i heard u guys r using Front Page to work on the site. i think it might be the stylesheet's problem. might wanna take a look at it. if, all u want is just "color change on mouseover" & "no underline", then a much simpler stylesheet could do. if u like i could provide the code, so u could just cut&paste onto every page. just my 0.02 cents

Better now?

Wow, that list is pretty neet!

But I'm not on it yet (pout)

I'd like to see if/when I'm making my goal of 30 WUs a day...

Lonely Raven said:
Wow, that list is pretty neet!

But I'm not on it yet (pout)

I'd like to see if/when I'm making my goal of 30 WUs a day...
You are on there now. Starting tomorrow you will have some data, in one week you will have everyday logged.

Its great I check it out twice a day to see how im matching up with the people around me. Got to keep on moving up.

Cool! Thanx Basher!

I do hope you don't have to put all that schtuff in there
manually?!!? Please tell me it's some killer script that just
gathers all the info and refreshes the web page....

Either way, you rock!

Lonely Raven said:
Cool! Thanx Basher!

I do hope you don't have to put all that schtuff in there
manually?!!? Please tell me it's some killer script that just
gathers all the info and refreshes the web page....

Either way, you rock!

20 min to update using Frontpage, excel and setiteam. not to bad

Basher:

I have been thinking it over and over, wouldn't it be good if you can do a script in Excel to get the information right from the berkeley server?

Let me try to explain: You can easily made a query inside Excel. This query can easily search a site and download the information into an Excel spreedsheet. I do that to update the challenge graph data. Then you'll need to sort alphabetically the information in another spreadsheet. And finally you can get a third spreadsheet to analize all the data.....if you want I can try to do something that can help you.....

As I have said I have something similar to do the challenge graph. That way I just have to fire Excel in the morning to update, and then after a quick survey that everything is OK I use MS Photo Editor to produce the challenge graph.....all in about 10 minutes. Maybe, if I can do something for you you'll just have to use Excel and then Front Page.

If you are interested, can you please send me a copy of one of your excel files so I can base my progress there.

i love the daily stats basher :) i check them daily to tell if i slowed down, sped up or just kept it constant :D

The daily update page is greatly appreciated! I check my stats two or more times daily.

The only thing that I would like to see changed, would be my name a bit higher in the ranks.

Since you won't do that, I guess I'll have to do that myself.

Seriously, GREAT JOB!

Thank You.

Hey Basher,
The daily stats are too cool. Us seti addicts need a daily stats fix! Way back in 2000, I was on Team Lamb Chop partly because of their cool daily stats. (left because some of their members used hacked seti clients, though I guess thats still going on now with that benz guy.) Anyway, daily stats will attract many more addicts, I mean members. Great job!

Dan LaRoche said:
Hey Basher,
The daily stats are too cool. Us seti addicts need a daily stats fix! Way back in 2000, I was on Team Lamb Chop partly because of their cool daily stats. (left because some of their members used hacked seti clients, though I guess thats still going on now with that benz guy.) Anyway, daily stats will attract many more addicts, I mean members. Great job!

MOST of us are NOT addicted!

We can stop any time we want.

I've got to bring my computer back in the inside the window, it's starting to snow.

Gotta go

FRANK said:

MOST of us are NOT addicted!

We can stop any time we want.

I've got to bring my computer back in the inside the window, it's starting to snow.

Gotta go

hehe i think u have a case of DENIAL:rolleyes: :D :D :beer:

Back