• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Canterwood Prescott support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R.Rabbit

i've read that 875p and 865p chipsets will be compatible with the upcoming socket 472 Presscots, is this true with the IC7?, cus i dont want to buy an IC7 now and buy a prescott a year later and be ****ed,
thanks

The first Prescotts will be on socket478 ... they will have 1MB cache and i think 0.09micron telchnology ...

Now , for the IC7 ... Yes , at least as far as abit taiwan told me after an email i sent them it is going to support them !

All the information we have says the first generation Prescotts will be S478. But we are still about six months from the launch and that is plenty of time for Intel to change its mind.

BHD

BaldHeadedDork said:
All the information we have says the first generation Prescotts will be S478. But we are still about six months from the launch and that is plenty of time for Intel to change its mind.

BHD

Yep, that was exactly what I was going to say.

Back