• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ahhhh Evil Sst-pr-1 Network Invading Laptop!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
I'm not sure if this has been talked about before since I don't usually browse through the networking section, in regards to wireless networking but I just discoverd this and thought everyone might find this interesting.

MYSTERY NETWORK NAME REVEALED TO BE COMMING FROM MYSTERIOUS WHITE VANS.

the network name is something like SST-PR-1.

IF YOU SEE THIS NETWORK NAME OR CONNECTION POP UP ON YOUR COMPUTER THEN YOU MAY VERY WELL HAVE A Sears Service Tech van near by.

STORY:

so last month i got a laptop with wireless G card. a few weeks ago I got a "wireless network found" message from windose xp and I was like :EEK: ther's a wireless network in my house and I ran all over crawling through every inch of my house looking for the source because I have no networks of any kind in my hose. about a few hours later the signal vanished without a trace and i was like WTF. Then the next day it showed up again for a few hours. this time I was determined to find the source. I live out in the country side so my nearst neighbor lives like a 1/4 mile down the road and i'm thinking to myself that 1/4 mile is a little far for a wireless network. We do hoever have somebody building a house right next door so I asked him if he had any wireless networks going on and he was kinda busy talkin to some sears guys but he said what u see is what i got. since the house had no walls a quick tour led me to beleive that this house had no computers or routers in it whatsoever. So i passed the sears guys on the way back to my house and when inside AND FLIPPED THE MAIN BREAKER to make sure i wasn't picking up some wireless phone I turned off all the cell phones and took the batteries out of out cordless phones and the network still existed. :bang head so alittle asking around about the network name and a few google searches tured up that the sears vans are and other company vehicles are equipped with wireless networking who woulda thought?

I learn something new every day

just wanted u to know if u have ever seen that b4 and wondered.

Back