• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ebill_03

Registered
Ever since I got my PNY 6800 I've been having problems with it so recently I got a PCI blower hoping that cooling it off might fix it. No change in problems so I decided to move the placement of the PCI stuff, which is where the Audigy (1) comes in.

It used to be 2 spots below the AGP (I could put it ones spot below if I wanted to but would YOU do that?), I moved it down one and that's when I had problems. No sound at all, moved it down one more, reinstalled drivers still no sound. Restarted and and pressed effect (Logitech Z-680's) to Direct 6.1 (where it used to be Pro Logic 2 Music) and finally there was some sound. I moved it back to the original position and it still only has sound from one speaker and only in Direct mode.

Things to note, I might have jammed the card in a bit hard the first time I moved it, ya think I damaged it?

Another thing to note: The PCI blower is directly below the Audigy, could this thing be the source of my problems?

If I need a replacement:
What would be a good replacement about equal in quality, preferably cheap (I want to save up for an Athlon 64) I've been used to Creative soundcards but it probably won't be too hard to convince me otherwise.

Well, the only thing you had to do when you moved the card to a different slot was go to device manager and let it search for the driver again. Try doing it now. Go to control panel, system, hardware, device manager.

I did the scan for hardware change thing, nothing.

Other things I did: had windows set to 5.1, don't know when that got reset
Did the creative diagnostics: apparently no problem
Speaker tests: Only Center and Rearleft seems to get sound. I can get "center" and "rearleft" to come out of any other speakers if I move the plugs around so I'm pretty sure the problem is coming from the soundcard.

Last edited:
Back