• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios flash didnt work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeman

i flashed a gigabyte 7vkml with the newest bios using gigabyte @BioS utilitiy now the com just beeps 1 long one and it wont let me into bios ive tried removing the battery to reset and hasnt done anything what can i do i dont think it will read the floppy because it wont even read the bios

It sounds like your flash didn't take, you may be forced to hot flash or replace your CMOS chip. Have you tried re-flashing? Does your board have the dual-BIOS?

Regards, Balrog

no i havent tries reflashing yet but i dont think it will even boot from a floppy because it beeps before doing anything

no its a ga7vkmls and doesnt have that function i thought of the hot flash but didnt really want to try to remove the chip,do they come out easy and are there any tricks

You need to find someone whos board has the same BIOS chip as yours to start with. I believe there is also a service that you can send your chip out to and they will re-flash it or contact Gigabyte and buy another chip.

Regards, Balrog

it is a friends board and they kinda need it asap does it have to be the exact same board or just the same bios chip

Same BIOS chip, however if the hot-flash fails or you break a chip you'll have 2 dead MoBos, this is not a project for the "faint of heart" or "empty of wallet". :D

Regards, Balrog

Back