• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Knoppix killed my video card HELP!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magictoaster_v2

Registered
I was playing aroung in knoppix, the OC version of it anyways, when I loged out and shut down everything looked normal. I pulled the cd out and went to turn my computer back on and I get a message that says "you forgot to plug the power extension cable into you video card consult the getting started manual" or something like that.

I need help imediatly I have already turned off power checked that the cable is infact pluged in and reset the bios. NO LUCK!

Help please
-Nicholas

how would xnoppix be responsable?
id reset cmos and unplugg the power connector and re-plugg it

My 9700p does that all the time... my daisy-chain of molexes has some weak connections. Just have to fiddle with it until it comes back. Happens with my HDD's too which is a real pita because I use raid 0.

This has never happened before the solution happend to be: unplug and pray after resting for 2 minutes or so it booted right up. I have never seen anything like this :shrug: ? Oh well at least it works :p

Magictoaster_v2 said:
This has never happened before the solution happend to be: unplug and pray after resting for 2 minutes or so it booted right up. I have never seen anything like this :shrug: ? Oh well at least it works :p
and the fact that it works is what counts..
iv had similar things happen before and by dismantelling and putting it back together everything worked once again.. illogical but w/e it works rite!?!! lol

Last time my comp told me I forgot to plug in the video power cable, it had fried the 5v molex pin.

My NF3 box does that occasionally. I need to unplug and replace the molex on the card a few times. It actually just did it tonight.

Just an unusual hardware problem, Knoppix, or Overclockix as the case may be, is certainly not to blame for the issue.

Back