• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM i picky or is my case really not that loud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

I got antec sx1030 and 2 80mm panaflo's for exhaust. 32db each i think, and the PS fan, Glaciator HS, (seems loud to me) and the chipset fan, and VC blueorb. NO intake and i hate how loud it is. ANy ideas, on how to quyiet it down. I haven't even added the 2 80mm intake fans yet?!?!

Should i just use 1 big 120 for intake, as it makes more cfm at less db them 2 80mm fans? And anyone got a good 60mm fan to replace with the currect Glaciator one, its rated at 38db, 29cfm

i got an 80mm adapter, and added a 40 cfm panaflo to my Glaciator my temps got worse, as it was too far off the HS due to the adapter height to get adequate cooling, and i will use my 120mm Sanyo Denki 103 cfm 38 db fan for the front

Maybe soundproof the case. I used carpet pad in mine, some people use dynamat or other soundproofers. I cant say how much mine quited it, but it definetly made a noticable difference.

One thing to remember to about HS and fans is that putting a duct over the HS with a fan already in the HS is good because it brings in cool air but if you put another fan into the "duct", it usually hurts more than helps (I asked about this awhile back and that was the response I received from everyone). When putting the duct through the case, put a piece of window screen in it so it make the air a little more turbulent and helps to cool better. On top of this, make sure the duct is at least 1" AWAY from the top of the HS; it actually hurts to have it closer for some reason!:confused: Hope this helped. :)

Back