• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vertex 3 and a Vertex 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Imperatrix

So i got my Vertex 3 today to use as my main drive and bump my 2nd device to storage However after installing windows on V3 i download ocz toolbox to secure Erase the 2nd drive. well after attempting its no longer showing up in the drive window , but Bios/windows both say its there and working just doesnt show up next to my local C:/ drive. any thoughts?

Right. You essentially "zeroed" out the drive with the OCZ toolbox. You can format it to the 1024k length in windows so its properly aligned.

Right. You essentially "zeroed" out the drive with the OCZ toolbox. You can format it to the 1024k length in windows so its properly aligned.

Shh. Don't confuse him :)

If running Vista/7 just format it with windows format tool. It automatically does offset. all auto settings will be fine

XP does not and then you need to use diskpart to format it properly.

K.I.S.S!!!!

Sometimes on auto, though it shows aligned (green in CDM or w/e), I get some weird number that isnt 1024. So that is why I personally manually do it. :)

Back