• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX560 Ti OC VS HD6970 benchmarks on 1920x1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Artas1984

As promised in this thread, i now deliver the included benchmarks:

HD6970 2 Gb (890 MHz core clock)
GTX560 Ti OC 1 Gb (900 MHz core clock)

So this is just a continuation of my previous benchmark!!!

I will be comparing these 2 cards: this VS this.

The drivers used were Catalyst 11.7 and Forceware 280.26.
All the other info about the setup you can find in the original thread, because it is the same setup, so without wasting time, i will go straight to the benchmarks.

DEAD SPACE 2

Custom 15 seconds fraps benchmark was used.

JERICHO

So far a nice tie between the cards. Custom 15 seconds fraps benchmark was used.

BATTLESTATIONS PACIFIC

In this game nvidia cards tend to overpower amd cards, but the result here is close with nvidia favoring just in the maximum frame rates diapason. Custom 15 seconds fraps benchmark was used.

HAWX

Maximum frames rates do not really matter here, but the minimum do, so the HD6970 is over 10 % ahead. In-game benchmark was used.

COMPANY OF HEROES

HD6970 is a full-head higher here. In-game benchmark was used.

WORLD IN CONFLICT

Nomater what video card you toss at this game, it *****-slaps the minimum frame rates out of it. In-game benchmark was used.

FEAR 3

This is what i call a moderate advantage. Custom 15 seconds fraps benchmark was used.

CRYOSTASIS

Where GTX560 Ti maximum frames end, the minimum frames of HD6970 begin. Custom 15 seconds fraps benchmark was used.

NECROVISION

GTX560 Ti has got nothing on HD6970! This is also the only game where GTX560 Ti loses to HD4870X2. Custom 15 seconds fraps benchmark was used.

FAR CRY 2

CRYSIS WARHEAD

Looks like GTX560 Ti is not even in the same league with HD6970 as NVIDIA card is getting smacked. Custom 15 seconds fraps benchmark was used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
wide variety of tests nice review, but i thought it was common knowledge that 6970 is compared to 570 and 6950 to 560ti even the prices suggest that, or am i mistaken?

EDIT: FAR CRY 2 test included!

We have this covered, though not as thoroughly, in our HIS 6970 and 560ti reviews. ;)

Nice work!

wide variety of tests nice review, but i thought it was common knowledge that 6970 is compared to 570 and 6950 to 560ti even the prices suggest that, or am i mistaken?

I knew that GTX560 Ti is compared to HD6950, but i thought that an overclocked GTX560 Ti would match HD6970 somewhere.
I first thought about testing Gigabyte GTX560 Ti, overclocked to 1000 MHz (supposedly equal to HD6970), but my friend could not wait for it to appear in the warehouse (another week to wait), so he grabbed Asus, which was available at the spot.

Of course my tested games are unlike any of the current games being tested in international benchmarks sites, and i am just bored of the majority of those...
I also use games, patched to the latest versions, or to the most stable.

Last edited:
Back