• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is acrylic and plexiglass the same thing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

Are they? A quick search online makes me wonder, often times acrylic is reffered to as plexiglass and vice versa. Is one just a trade name or something?

--Illah

P.S. I didn't know where else to put this post so I figured it's hardware and it's a general question...

arcrylic is higher quality ... and ... looks better... and ... is more expensive... and... not much else to say.

ok i remember now, plexiglass is a brand, just like lucite and lexian
plexyglass is acrylic, i dont knwo what lucite is i think it is acrylic tho, lexian is polycarbonate

Yeah, I've seen plexiglass as a brand name for acrylic, that's why I asked, but then I see 'plexiglass' and later in the same site 'acrylic plexiglass'. From what I can tell they're the same thing.

I found a 20 gallon plexi aquarium tank for $15 in the classifieds, I was hoping to use acrylic cement/glue with it and get my bong tube in there good. Looks like I can now. I might even get an acrylic sheet as a cover for the tank...

--Illah

Back