• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dtek WW old v. Dtek WW new v. LRWW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah I had to find it on H. I'm rather impressed with D-Tek. If I could only get my new one doh..

It is NOT dtek old vs. dtek new. The dtek block was tested TWICE because pHaestus had problems with the heat source. Both blocks are mine and I assure you there is only 1 dtek block tested.

oh i see, i didnt read closly enough. i (as usual) started by checking out the graph and saw the 2 dates and didnt pick up on them actually being the same block. thanks for the clearing that up, feel free to change the title.

I was actually suprised how closely they compared to each other. I have an original too nik, one thing struck me as being different than yours. The barbs on mine seem to be much thinner walled, giving a larger ID. I kinda thought cathar had sourced em like that or he had possibly done some type of tuning. Maybe they are just different brands that he's used.

peace.
unloaded

UnLoadeD said:
I was actually suprised how closely they compared to each other. I have an original too nik, one thing struck me as being different than yours. The barbs on mine seem to be much thinner walled, giving a larger ID. I kinda thought cathar had sourced em like that or he had possibly done some type of tuning. Maybe they are just different brands that he's used.

peace.
unloaded
was waiting for that to arise
yes, there was a barb change and the head loss is slightly less

Indeed. I switched barb brands about 1/3rd of the way through the number of blocks that I made. The newer barbs had thinner walls, were more open, and quite a deal lighter, the obvious benefit here being that it lowered the block's weight. I personally thought that the newer barbs looked nicer too.

I've stuck with that brand since, although they are rather hard to source with a 12 week lead time on orders.

Back