• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is X2 the threat?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I heard that it is a pretty fun game, but it has 2 drawbacks: difficult learning curve, and a low frame rate no matter how powerful your system is.

I own the game and it is fun. It has unlimited freedom. It actually does have good FPS if you have a powerful system. Recent patches has made the game alot more smoother!

The plot is just an afterthought. The economy and doing what you want is what counts. Some players make cash by capturing ships, some mine for minerals, while others build factories and trade.

It's not exactly microsoft simulator realism, it just has the step learning curve, I still recommend to give it a shot.

Papier said:
I own the game and it is fun. It has unlimited freedom.

The plot is just an afterthought. The economy and doing what you want is what counts. Some players make cash by capturing ships, some mine for minerals, while others build factories and trade.

Is it possible to capture enemy parts of universe and "claim" as your own? e.i. start building factories and stuff? Or do they spawn all the time?
I have this "dream" of having incredibly big army (fleet) and than going after the enemy :) Any other games I could do the same? (not mission based like RTS but persistent world stuff)

I am just starting it and the tutorial alone is very complicated. Very steep learing curve. Also the tutorial had problems not recognizing my actions until I updated to version 1.4
I think I will skip the manufacturing and go with pirating. Too much to learn. Supposedly its a really big Universe and I can just tell it will be pretty cool game.
Play's fine on my mid level vid card at about 35fps with A/A enabled. Puts a fairly big hit on your system while running.

The game is a lot of fun, the only problem is it is very slow
I have no fps problems on my 9800 pro

what i mean by slow, is expect to spend a long time playing the game, I have a friend who has a fllet of 150 ships, ibut he has pean 24 days playing

Back