• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe and E6600 not playing nice...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xcamarox

Registered
I recently purchased this mobo and cpu and some GSkill HZ, but Im hitting a wall at 385...When I run orthos this fails after 4minutes when Im running at 400mhz...When I run the CPU test in orthos at 400mhz nothing happens...this can run for more than an hour. As soon as I run the blend tests this fails after 1 minute. Does this mean my RAM is holding me back?

I have my:

Vcore at 1.5V
Vmem at 2.25V
All other V's at first level in their respective options (Pink color)
vICH at auto

PCI-e Freq at auto

Timings 4-4-4-12-42

What could be going on here? RAM crapping out? CPU maxxed out?

Any insights?

TIA!

if you run 400mhz and set 1:1 the those sticks only need 2.0 to run 400 @ 4-4-4-8 thats what i ran mine at. pci-e freq set to 100 always and pci 33.33 always. try NB volts to 1.55 and fsb term to 1.3-1.4

Thanks a lot Rattle, I remember you helped me with the components and I appreciate that...

I got the system stable to a point at x385, but when I go any higher, **** hits the fan. The funny thing is that at 400Mhz Orthos does not complain when running only the CPU test, but when I start testing the blend tests, this thing fails right after 1 minute...looks like somewhere in there the NB is missing some juice, I guess the blend tests is stressing the CPU/Memory link.

I will work on the RAM thing, I'll try 2V-2.10V and from 12-8, but I doubt this will do the trick. I'll go ahead and max out the V's at the northy and after that I'll go ahead and change the CPU I would like 400x9 or I might do 450*8 or 7 and see what happens.

What do you think?

xcamarox said:
I will work on the RAM thing, I'll try 2V-2.10V and from 12-8, but I doubt this will do the trick. I'll go ahead and max out the V's at the northy and after that I'll go ahead and change the CPU I would like 400x9 or I might do 450*8 or 7 and see what happens.

What do you think?

Careful when you drop the multiplier and increase FSB. It REALLY OCs the Northbridge. It works like this:

NBCC = FSB*(defualt multi/set multi). So if you run 400*9 the NB is running at 400. (400*(9/9). If you try 450*8 the NB will be OC'd to 506 (450*(9/8) and 450*7 would work out to 578.5.

With my E6400 I hit a wall at 459*7 which brings the NBCC to 524.5. (459*(8/7). Can't get it past there. I get one long beep and three short which indicates a memory failure but I memtested my HZ at 1000 with 4-4-4-10 and 1100 with 5-5-5-15, 10 full passes at each speed.

But hey, if you try it and suceed I'd like to hear. Maybe my P5B Deluxe is just a dud?

I've seen some posts indicating the P5B Deluxe can run a E6400 at 500*7, but mine won't go past 459*7. Even if I up all the voltages to max. It just won't post.

some cpus just wont do the freq without high volts, what i would and its what I always do is find the systems max on stock volts. then work from there. Its easier for me that way, then i can add a little voltage, tweak timings and so forth.

I dunno if this helps but I can't run Orthos blend stress test for longer than 5 seconds w/o an error with the OC in my sig and vcore 1.265. It fails at the first iteration everytime.

But I still leave it OC'ed there regardless, I can play BF2/PREY/etc for hours and hours and hours and everything runs flawlessly.

OH well, I guess I got a mediocre chip, I'll mess around with it a little more and see what I come up with. At 400Mhz, I can play games for 1 hour even though thats pretty much all I can play anyhow.

Thanks a lot guys and I wont give up yet, even if it takes me to cheat and play at 400Mhz and pray it does not quit while Im trying to pass NFS: carbon's challenge series...If it quits after hours of trying ti beat somehitng and I almost get it to pass, and then it quits seconds before I pass the level...boy then I'll be ****ED, otherwise lets the cheating begin!

Back