• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTX price decrease

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mathersalan

Any of you guys think Nvidia will decrease the price 8800GTX or the 8800GTS 640mb by August? I'm not sure if ATI is being much competition ATM but I have about $320 saved up and hoping to buy at least an 8800GTS 640mb by then :-/

UglyChild said:
If you sell your 7950GT + $320 = 8800GTS 640MB.

Yeah really. Or just hunt around for a decent rebate deal over the next however many weeks you plant to wait/save.

If you sell 7950GT + $320 = 8800GTS 640MB and a cheap back up card.

The sooner you sell, it the more money you will get for it.

Mathersalan said:
Any of you guys think Nvidia will decrease the price 8800GTX or the 8800GTS 640mb by August? I'm not sure if ATI is being much competition ATM but I have about $320 saved up and hoping to buy at least an 8800GTS 640mb by then :-/

There's already three threads about this. The price will only go dowm if they release the 8900 series, and that won't happen ... if it happens... until around Christmas time. I paid $295 for my 8800GTS 640. Just got my rebate two days ago.

rainless said:
There's already three threads about this. The price will only go dowm if they release the 8900 series, and that won't happen ... if it happens... until around Christmas time. I paid $295 for my 8800GTS 640. Just got my rebate two days ago.

Yeah silly and nubish of me by not finding any other threads pertaining to the subject :-/

I believe its best for me to wait after Christmas when the new NV series start shooting out.. By that time new games will be out such as COD 4, UT 2007, quake wars , Medal of honor, and I think there will be a new battlefield. OOOOO makes me existed thinking about it :D. So the new NV models may run the new games better than the 8800..Never know we'll see.

And I know this is a stupid question but in my sig do you think that I will have a problem with the new 9x line up? Such as CPU being a bottleneck. I have an extra PSU freshly RMAed and its a Silverstone Zeus 560W so I should not have any problems powering up the new 9x models..

Thank you..

There is little to no info about the 9*** series, other than a rumored 1 tera-flop processing rate and, hopefully, a pre-christmas release around thanksgiving.

-Mobious-

Back