• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooled system is up!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AcidBath

Registered
God that took a few weeks, anyway when i first hooked up my sytem after i bled it and everything was ok my voodoo5 got rf interference so it was late i went to bed i pluged the relay into the old psu and every thing is running fine at about 85*F is it possible i need a higher wattage power supply cause my cpu is a tbird 1.2 w/ a 300-350 watt psu

AcidBath (May 08, 2001 07:31 a.m.):
-snip-
Is it possible i need a higher wattage power supply cause my cpu is a tbird 1.2 w/ a 300-350 watt psu

You did not say what core voltage you are running at. With elevated core voltages, the tbirds start guzzling current. I'd say that if you hold the vcore to 1.85V or less, then a 300-350W PSU should do okay. Also, not all PSU total wattage ratings tell you as much as you need to know. Look at the fine print. There should be a spec for the maximum wattage available for the combined +5 & +3.3V. I was recently at CompUSA, where they had a no-name 400W PSU and for $15 more, an Antec 400W PSU. The combined rating on the no-name was 165W and on the Antec, it was 245W. A considerable difference for two PSUs both rated for 400W total. I bought the Antec, needless to say.

Hoot

By default for some unknown reason my cpu runs at 1.85, 12.9 and 3.47

Back