• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The blurr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chief

In ut and q2 my graphics/frame rates are very nice but one thing thats weird is in each game there is a destinct line on walls and floors where there is a cloudy look and as I move it moves with me.Very noticable when running along a wall and is what would look like about 15 feet in front of me.Textures past this line are still clear just with somewhat blurred look.Tried 5.33/11.01and 12.40 dets and is the same with each -- any ideas?

see sig for rig

I dont think its driver related im pretty sure its a setting that I havent figured out yet.I have read all the tweak pages but havent come up with anything yet.

Chief said:
In ut and q2 my graphics/frame rates are very nice but one thing thats weird is in each game there is a destinct line on walls and floors where there is a cloudy look and as I move it moves with me.Very noticable when running along a wall and is what would look like about 15 feet in front of me.Textures past this line are still clear just with somewhat blurred look.Tried 5.33/11.01and 12.40 dets and is the same with each -- any ideas?

see sig for rig

That sounds to me like the engine. I know Q3A blurs textures further away to save memory. The texture will become clear when you get closer.

The other thing about the lines moving with you when lookin at a wall real close-up. Every card I have ever had does the same thing in UT and Q2 and Q3. Newer engines like Red Factions engine doesn't do it, I geuss it's the newer technology.

The only thing I can suggest is tweaking with your refresh rate, try making it optimal.

Good luck!

Zuck I think your onto it, my old voodoo3 did the samething.Im not overclocking vid card just the cpu and what Im seeing would not be caused by that any how.It seems to be just what zuck said at a certain point the textures blurr some, instead of blending smoothly its more of a line.

Thanks for the input and if someone knows of a setting to lesson this please post

Back