• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Backup PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sirius

Battery Backup PSU

Hey guys I am looking for a good Backup power supply.
What is a good brand?
What is a good size to get for, gaming, photoshop and web surfing?
And any other info you can give.

Last edited:
Ahhh he means UPS. I wouldn't know. Aside from the recent 3 days of no power during hot summer- Michigan rarely see's brownouts or poweroutages... Our work used to have an apc backups pro that backup-powered a PII server, 3 PDT's, the PDT docking station, PDT receiver/antenna, and the monitor.

But I wouldn't know what to recommend...

I really dont know if I should worry about getting one I have been w/o one for soo long. But if I do I would like to see what some ppl are using.

I have a Tripp-Lite they are pretty nice APC is good too. I have the Tripp-Lite BC Pro 1050 it something like 1050VA/725Watts it's a big one because I have 2 computers hooked into it. Lasts for a long time too. It interfaces with the computer so if the power goes out it will save and shutdown your computer automatically when the battery gets low. It's a great thing to have and has saved me on several occasions because the power lines in my school are really old and go out often. Granted the school building is 139 years old but still they could upgrade the power system couldn't they. Oh well don't get one too big or it's a waste of money I have 2 computers, 1 monitor, KVM, Switch and PS2 pluged in mine. You probably wont need one nearly as big.

Back