• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this even overclockable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crypticalz

Okay iv been looking for a few weeks for ways to overclock my board, the bios dont offer anything and i cant find new bios for my board as well. My comp runs 20C on idle and 35 at full as well.

Heres my comp specs.

Mainboard : ECS 945GCT-NM
Manufacturer : ECS
Product : 945GCT-NM
Version : 1.0
Serial Number : 00000000
Support MP : Yes, 2 CPU(s)
Version MPS : 1.4

Chipset : Intel i945G/GZ

Processor : Intel Pentium E2160 @ 1800 MHz

Physical Memory : 5120 MB
Memory Controller : DIMM, SDRAM
Number of connectors : 4
Supported Speed : Unspecified
Supported Voltages : 3.3v
Error Detection Method : 64-bit ECC
Error Correction Capability : None

Current/Supported Interleave : 1-way/1-way

Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO

Hard Disk : WDC (400 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A

Monitor Type : Gateway FPD1975W - 19 inches

Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3

DirectX : Version 9.0c (September 2009)

Yeah cant find a single generator that will find my mobo anybody know anything i can do (maybe a safish flash of the bios?) iv tried systools setfsb and a few other homebrew OC progs but nada.

The clock generator for the 945GCT-xx should be either RTM866-485 or ICS9LPRS419DFLF, both of which are supported by the latest 2.x version of SetFSB.

Okay i Tried the first one got a error, the ics9lprs419dflp loaded the FBS (but didnt work) I tested a few others, tried just searching for my base FBS at 199.5 found a few but after changing to anything it start lagging and sooner or later i get the blue screen. heres a pic see if it helps
specsagain.jpg

Last edited:
The best option for overclocking that CPU/mobo combo is going to be a BSEL pad-mod which will increase the FSB from 200 to 266. I seem to recall the 2160 I played with not needing a voltage bump at that speed.

There are a few guides on the forum, just search BSEL.

whats the risk of doing this can it actully cause any problems (not including shocking it)

Back