• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

massive heat issues!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alpha_gamer

i just bought a new comp. a couple weeks ago, it's beautiful, AMD thunderbird 1.4 gigs, volcano 5 cooling, 256 megs of ddr, asus a7m266 with AMD 761 chipset, huge case, 300 watt power, sound blaster live 5.1 digital, and a geforce 2 gts 32 meg ddr video card

it runs everything i've put at it so far, and perfectly but i'm not sure how long it's gonna last!

the cpu runs at a nice 41C after running 3dmark a couple times but the MOTHERBOARD GOES UP TO 38C!:mad:

i really need some tips on cooling this thing, the good side is i don't have to turn my furnace on anymore though!

what are you running for case cooling?
you may need better air movement

it's probably not gonna cause much of a prob except in the case of your hdd as long as the proc temp doesn't go much higher

if you have to try taking off the case side(s) and see if your mobo temp stays a little lower that's what i had to do cuz my in case cooling wasn't good enough and i am outta money

oh btw i don't think i'll have to heat my room either cuz a month ago it was hotter here and my room temp would go up 30 degrees(F) if i left the door shut.

thanks for the tip

right now i've got that volcano 5 hooked on my cpu, and a single 80mm fan in the back for exhaust, not too much

i'm gonna go through some serious case mods in the next couple months(years, whatever) and add a couple huge fans on the side, that should do the trick:D

then for the mean time you might try either dropping the open side of your case
or...
make sure that 80mm is intake and pull the slot covers on the back of your case (all the pci card slot covers)...if you have any to pull because they can act as an exhaust port and kind of keep the air moving

but the best advice i can give you is get better case cooling overall

on a side not if you don't hav any 80mm lying around, if you have some old psu's then you can take em apart and jack the fans outta them and modify the plugs with some wires or whatever to make em plug in on your system...just remember if you do that attach the red wire on fan to yellow from psu and the black to any black wire from psu

That is a good temp for a TB 1.4. they run hot as long as you keep it under fifty when overclocking you should be fine but I would check the temp with a compunurse just to verify it. also you should run prime 95 , F@H, or SETI to seewhat your load temps are. that is the one you want to keep under 50.

Back