• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eye Candy :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the praise :)

Well I have had it for a week, and I think due to the positive case pressure (3 80mms blowing in, 2 out) I have had no problems so far with dust.. but well see in time, I might have to yank my mobo out and vacuum the plastic particles left in it from when I cut out the built in plexi fan grills. They were just notches cut in the plexi over where the fan would be.. very restrictive and made the fans noisy, so I cut them and added regular chrome grilles. The only possible other mod I will do to this case, if you can call it a mod, is to add custom fan grilles to the 5 fans.. maybe Ill have 64thunderbolt make them for me..ones that just have Mod Gawd on them in block letters ( which is my gaming name) appropriate I think since I have 5 heavily modded computers which I continue to work with at least once a week. Just to fight the boredom. :)

AWESOME JOB! I want one of those :drool:... did you build this from a guide or by yourself?

How did you cut the holes for the fans in the plexi? I am fixing to do that to a case I am modding, but I don't know where to begin... what tools to use.

Well

I didnt make it myself, I bought it. Its an X-oxide X-Clear case.. they have them at http://www.xoxide.com .. but the integrated grilles that were over the fans I cut with my RTX.. which is like a dremel tool. I cut them out and sanded the edges smooth with it also. A dremel or RTX is a must for modding. You can do 90% of case modding with it and the correct attachments..

well..

This is the difference between this forum and hardocp forums.. the people there are mostly caks... here everybody treats people with respect and honor. Much thanks people. :)

I have two deremel tools and a whole bunch of attachments... I'm just not very confident that I can cut a perfect circle hole with it.

Re: well..

[OC]Lucifer said:
This is the difference between this forum and hardocp forums.. the people there are mostly caks... here everybody treats people with respect and honor. Much thanks people. :)

I espeically like how folks here don't resort to name calling too. :rolleyes:

nice job there. i usually don't care so much for the clear cases; on yours though i think having the black optical drives makes it look better, and the LED fans look great...

Back