• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artifacts in WoW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechtonicPC

Member, formerly Surfrat
Not sure if this is a good spot for this, but I am getting artifacts while playing WoW. I have a ATI 1900 series card with 512mb ram.

If I click the windows key and go to desktop and then back to WoW it will usually correct the problem for a while, but it eventually comes back.

Anyone else had these problems? Think it is the card, the drivers, or the game?

I have updated to the most current driver release.

I am running at reso of 1680 X 1050.

I am considering upgrading my video card and switching back to NVidia. I was thinking maybe a 260?? Any thoughts?

I'd assume you've had that card for a long time? It's probably too dusty (take it out and clean it with an air can or vacuum) or it's wearing out if it's been running OC'd. My 3 year old X1900XT was wearing out regardless of cleaning it.

Just upgrade since it's a very old card anyway. GTX 260 or Radeon HD 4870 for the same price are both a very good buy. Whatever you do though, do not get a multi-GPU card for WoW; that game really hates multi GPU cards and lots of people have problems with them.

I'd assume you've had that card for a long time? It's probably too dusty (take it out and clean it with an air can or vacuum) or it's wearing out if it's been running OC'd. My 3 year old X1900XT was wearing out regardless of cleaning it.

Just upgrade since it's a very old card anyway. GTX 260 or Radeon HD 4870 for the same price are both a very good buy. Whatever you do though, do not get a multi-GPU card for WoW; that game really hates multi GPU cards and lots of people have problems with them.

Yea card has been around for couple years now...It has been a great card though. As Far as dusty, i clean out the case every other month or so, but yea, it probably is time for something new.

Back