• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP41-UD3L is a 4x2GB single-sided only or also 2x4GB dual channel to max it ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prixone

What I understood from the below is that my motherboard supports up to 8 GB if they are split among the 4 slots aka 4x2GB (single-sided memories), is that correct or am I also able to stick 2x4GB and max it to 8GB?

Code:
1. 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory
2. Dual channel memory architecture
3. Support for DDR2 1066(OC)/800/667 MHz memory modules (Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest memory support list.) 

* Because of Intel chipset limitation, please use single-side memory module if four memory modules are to be installed.

Motherboard details

My issue is that I cannot find any reliable place within my country to buy single-sided memories hence I did like to get 2x4gb and max it out if possible.

Also the MB have 1.8v limitation would this memory work out for it ?

2 x http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231300

From what I read on Gigabyte's site for the mobo in question: To populate all 4 ram slots, you will need 4 sticks at 2gb each to be single sided only.

Now if you want to max the ram out with just 2 slots, you can use 2 sticks @ 4gb each double sided. That will work.

Thanks a lot everyone, I was a bit insecure to buy it because the vague instruction but will give it a try.

I would get a kit too, but they only have it available separated, nevertheless, I could not find any store selling single-sided ones at all in my country where I could get a good guarantee and RMA next to me. From all the options I looked for, the above mentioned memories were the only ones I found that would fit the description.

Thanks.

Back