• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How well does the PNY GTX 260 OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geoxile

I just snagged it at bestbuy for 137.99, on clearance. Cheapest I could find and I'm upgrading from a 8800GT, figured it was a good deal but I'm trying to decide whether if I'm better off waiting for ATI's next series and selling this one for a slightly marked up price, or if I should just use it.

How is it at overclocking though? And what clocks and performance can I get.

It's a def an upgrade from the 8800gt. You could be waiting for a while. OCs are all different but most people are able to get around 680-700core and around 1200 mem. Try google. ;)

Well I looked around, looked at some consumer reviews. Apparently PNY doesn't OC very well according to some newegg reviews.

Should I sell it for a marked up price on ebay or something and wait for Southern Island or should I just install it. I have yet to even take it out of its bag really lol

Well I looked around, looked at some consumer reviews. Apparently PNY doesn't OC very well according to some newegg reviews.

Should I sell it for a marked up price on ebay or something and wait for Southern Island or should I just install it. I have yet to even take it out of its bag really lol

Newegg reviews are like taking car advice from the 90 year old lady that lives down the road with 50 cats and a Bike no car.
Only way to know is try your self .
what version of the 260 is it ? is it the 190sp or a 216 is it a 65nm or 55nm ?

Considering that every card is different its extremely hard to say. Each batch of cards is different. Best way to find out is to give it a go yourself.

It's the 216 core model. Don't know about the die size, I think I'd have to put it in to find that out because it doesn't say so on the box.

Back