• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what's the big difference between the EPoX EP-9NDA3J and the epox ep-9nda3+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I believe that the 3+ has 4 SATA ports as opposed to 2 on the J model. I have the J and it is a great board but the biggest issue I have had so far is that on my J model the 2 SATA ports are right next to the AGP slot. Not horrible if you have a regular AGP card with a small stock cooler. With my XFX 6600AGP with Zalman VF700 there was barely enough room for a SATA cable to fit. Then I went an bought an X800 Pro with Arctic Silencer 5 ouch too big so I had to buy an add on SATA card.

dual channel confimed on the J model mine is running opty 144 and 2 x 1gb patriot LL 3200 dual channel. the Opty is running great with the lattest BIOS

all s939 board support dual channel b/c the memory contoller on the processor. s754 chips have a 64bit (single channel) memory controler so all s754 boards only support single channel. s939 chips have a 128bit (dual channel) memory controller so therefore all s939 boards support dual channel :)

@zetachi
did you happen to look at the stepping/week before you installed your 144?

When I put the X800GTO card in my 9NDA3+ it interfered with my SATA 1 and 2 headers.
Since these ports are locked and SATA 3 & 4 aren't I took a hair dryer and heated the data cable connector for about 5 minutes then carefully bent it with 2 pairs of needle nose pliers about 45° - just enough to clear the card.
Works great.

Back