• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant drop multi below 9x166 on VAXP rev1.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wheelspinner

Registered
I can't get any multi's below 9x to work while on the 166FSB
wanted try upping the FSB whilst not pushing my T/bird too far above it's original speed of 1400.

I dont want to kill my CPU ( not yet ;) )

Ok it's currently at 9x166 =1494
what i was hoping to do was to go to 8.5x176 = 1498

but none below 9x work at 166 if I go back to 100 they all work, at 133 again only some work

any ideas?? I'm stumped

You really can't go too high on that 7vaxp as there is no PCI/AGP lock so you will have problems when the FSB gets too high. But the DIP switches on the baord go down to 5x, at least on mine, are you sure you have them setup right? I had an instance where I couldnt' get a setting to work because I had the DIPS backwards so it was still reading default. Try making sure they are right.

DIPS are fine they all work at 100FSB
Some dont at 133
then some that didn't work at 133 do at 166 and others that did, don't

I will go and do it all again and write em down this time

Wheelspinner
Its sometimes like that im afraid, for instance on my NF7-S I can use all the multis at 166FSB but at 200+FSB I cant use 9.5x or 10.5x. Dont ask me why, well you can ask if you like but I cant give you an answer:rolleyes:
Hood

Thanx

I guess I'll just have to wait for my new CPU (when I got enough pennies) and hope for the best

Yes I think a nice 1700 or 1800 DLT3C JIUHB would be the way to go. The performance of an xp2600 (at the very least) for £40 or £50.
Hood

Back