• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AthlonXP on IwillKK266R problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k-motion

Registered
Hi there...

i have the following problem...

i tried to install an AthlonXP 1700+ on my board after i 'installed' the new BIOS.
I forgot to set the jumper to 133MHz since i had a B Athlon before...
I powered on the system and it booted just fine...with 1100MHz though (11x100). Since it is a 1700XP i turned the system off and changed the jumper to 133. Then i booted and NOTHING happened....i mean the fans were rotating and the hard disks went on but no beeping of the board....
so i changed it down to 100 again and nothing happened...i put on my old proc and everything was fine...i tried the AthlonXP a few times but it never worked...

can anyone help me....or has made similar experiences or runs an XP1700+ on his Iwill board?

Thanks in advance
k-motion

My backup box has an 1800+ on an iwill ka266plus. It did require a BIOS upgrade, but the install was very smooth. I'd keep on at the iwill forums, if you are nice, and very patient you will find an answer, or contact tech support, which stinks at iwill IMHO. I will not be purchasing another iwill product because of the non-existent tech support.

yes i did...and i have the latest BIOS....it once booted with 100MHz FSB...
i think i'll exchange it with a 1400 T-Bird...since the XPs seem to have a lot of trouble with this board...

the kk266r will not work with a xp at 133. Many have tried and I am talking people that hacked the bios adn everything adn nobody has been able to fix the problem. check out the poor guys like you that have tried this at amdmb.com forums iwill mobos of course. sorry that you did not know this before you bought the chip. good luck maybe iwill will figure this out soon I am waiting for good news so I can upgrade.

the problem is that it does not even work with 100 FSB... it doesn't even start to boot...

wait now you can't get it to boot at 100 even! well I would happily trade with you but I don't know how to solve this problem. wish I did. did you check out amdmb for ideas?

yes i even posted there but they couldn't help me...it booted once with 100FSB...but then never again...

now i have a 1400 B Athlon...but it just runs at 1400...even incresing the FSB to 101...makes the system unbootable...multiplier is also not changeable...i think it is locked but that wouldn't affect the FSB overclocking...would it

i think the problem with not running on 133FSB is consistent on both raid and non-raid version (from what i've read) that it does not boot at all is a problem only with my system...i think...actually i think the processor is damaged...

its not the processor. Its the verion of the iwill you have. Iwill kk266 are not officialy supporting xp's. Only the kk266+. It seems that 1.2 versions of the board are having problems with xp's that are almost unfixable. I have a version 1.0 model and it worked flawlessly with a xp 1600. Check www.amdmb.com for help on this. I have seen lots of forum posting about this problem.

according to Iwill it should work after a BIOS update...i have a rev. 1.1 board, too...doesn't work...

yeah but almost nobody can get it to work so I would switch mobos. back to your 1.4b chip you might have better luck running it at like 133x10.5. I am sure it is unlocked did you check the L1 before installing it?

Hello. I'm just new at the board and just clicked on this thread. I have a system just like this: IwillKK266R on Athlon XP 1800+ and it just worked fine with me with default settings (133FSB x 11.5, 1.75V, but mine is stable at 1.725V and a cheap heatsink and fan.)

My board version is 1.2 and i just used the latest bios from the Iwill site. It's been working since January 2003.

I don't know why it works for me but i know the risk and i just gambled myself to try it because i dont want to replace this good board of mine even though it still using SDRAM. :)

I just know that i can only upgrade my CPU to the latest Palomino chipsets and not to tbred or barton. This sounds upgrading again and totally replace my board... hehehe

Hope this helps. Thanks!

* I just noticed the last post was 11-19-01. I hope the thred starter can still remember this thread.

Last edited:
Back