• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 GTX+ FPS WoW Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dk08

Registered
Hello, a relative noob to building computers here. My buddy (who has built quite a few pcs on his own) and I recently put together my new rigg. I got this computer specifically for an upgrade on gaming. It seems that something is wrong. My friend recently bought an identical rig and is getting up to 150fps while in the same areas with the same settings i am at 60 MAX! I am wondering what i can do to possibly increase my performance.

My specs are currently...
processor - Q6600 2.4 intel quad core
ram - ddr2 1066 4gig dominator corsair
video card - EVGA 9800 GTX+ superclocked edition
mobo - EP45-UD3R gigabyte
PS - 650 antec

any help is greatly appreciated! I have not touched settings as far as OCing or anything of that nature.

You are CPU limited. My QX9650 @ 4.0 still hurts my fps.

On an unrelated note, I'm healing Heroic Violet Hold right now >.>

So is there nothing i can do to improve my performance?

I understand that, but it doesnt add up to me that my friend is running an identical rig not over clocked at all but getting much better fps results =(

I understand that, but it doesnt add up to me that my friend is running an identical rig not over clocked at all but getting much better fps results =(
To compare, you have to have the same or no addons and have *exactly* the same video settings. You also need to check programs running in the background, etc.

i dont have vertical sync on in game. is that what you are referring to sean?

Back