• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

200 MHz FSB, but not quite stable...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi,

I already told you that I could boot at 200 MHz FSB, but it crashed before I got into windows.
Now I got it to boot and to load windows and to work just long enough so that I could take a WCPUID shot. Shortly after taking the screenshot, the system crashed! But it worked and I think if I'll have at the weekend to put on all those heatsinks, that I prepared to cool all the stuff on the board that gets pretty hot, I'll perhaps be able to run 200 MHz FSB stable!:eek:

It was not stable enough at that speed to start MBM and report the temps, but I think the temps don't exceed ~43°C. At that speed and at the moment, it's mainly the northbridge cooling, that is holding me back!;)

Just imagine what you could do with a PIII Tualatin, or even better -S, and that FSB!! LOL, a 1.13 PIII --> 1.7GHz!! :eek: :eek: (like that would ever happen :D)

Hmhm... Nice work there! :)

Just a bit of advice... Are you cooling you PLL chip? It is very hot with >144MHz FSB! Just give it some kind of heatsink, and it'll be good enough... :)

BTW., it's really unbelievable! :)

Keep on with this! It's a real breakthrough!

Go hook up a water rig and that thing will hit it I just know it maybe the temperatures.

And probably get more vcore out of that thing and not worry since its water!

Yodums

:eek: damn bro...what an impressive display of your ocing skill!! 200fsb..now we are talkin'!! BTW, why don't u change your name to Petinmin1ghz, which is perfectly suit your current situation!! he he..just kidding. Anyway, i am just curious, could u be so kind to list out all your spec?

Thx!! Without your research Flu!d, I wouldn't even have bought the board!

That's OK Celemine1gig....I'm touched!:)

I just know a good thing when I see it!

Keep us updated....

I'm really a nice guy, I know!!:p :p :D

It's simply a great board!!
And the clock generator and northbridge are not cooled properly yet, because I have a lot of work to do for school at the moment, so that I don't have enough time to finish my cooling-project!!:cool:

BTW, my specs are listed below in the signature! I could add that the CPU is a P3 667 cCo-stepping with SL-code: SL4CJ from week 36. My RAM runs flawlessly at 166 MHz CL2 2-2-2 5/7, so 200 MHz CL3 3-3-3 7/9 shouldn't be a problem. No divider was set when running 200 MHz FSB, so that PCI speed was 50 MHz and I had to set the IDE mode to DMA disabled and PIO mode 1 in order to be able to boot into windows without loosing data. I have the dividers to run the PCI speed at either 31 MHz(pll24) or 37 MHz(pll16) when the FSB is set to 200 MHz, but I couldn't try it yesterday, becuase I do really need a more effective northbridge cooling before these settings, that's to say 200 MHz FSB, divider enabled and UDMA enabled, will work. The named settings do stress the northbridge too much at the moment, so that it's too much heat for the blue little heatsink that was installed by Gigabyte. I already added a 40x40x10mm fan spinnin at 5300 RPM, but that didn't help much. On the weekend I'll have enough time to finish my project, I hope!! But don't get mad, I'll keep you updated!:burn:

Last edited:
Yes I really thought of getting a P3 866 cD0 for quite some time, but now that the new Celeron Tualatin 1 GHz is out (and odf course because it's so damned cheap!!) I'll get one of these. I hope I can get an OEM Philippine chip or even a boxed one and then I'll clock it to the limits. :mad: :D

You may need to vid pin the Tualatin....Then again, who knows? You might be lucky!

new celeron

i just ordered a 1.1 ghz celeron from NEWEGG...........hope i can go half that far.........i'm new at this stuff...but i'll be keeping an eye out for your numbers and comments

Re: new celeron

macsout said:
i just ordered a 1.1 ghz celeron from NEWEGG...........hope i can go half that far.........i'm new at this stuff...but i'll be keeping an eye out for your numbers and comments

Welcome to the overclockers world. Hope you enjoy the fun of it.

Well, it's time to continue where I had to stop some months ago:D

Now, I got a new P3 667 FCPGA cC0-stepping and it overclocks very well. I had it upto 850 MHz (170 Mhz FSB) yesterday.

Tomorrow I'll finish my mobo cooling project, that's to say I'll put a heatsink on every chip on the mobo(using Arctic Alumina Adhesive) that produces heat(northbridge, southbridge, clock generator, voltage regualtors).

Then I'll cut heatsinks for my RAM to size and I'll lap them to a mirror finsh and attach them to the RAM with some Arctic Alumina Adhesive(perhaps I'll also addd some copper to the heatsinks to make them work better, but I think the aluminium heatsinks will be enough).

Finally I'll make me a custom copper spacer for my P3 and I'll try the "Coppermine deep lapping" technique from Martinus(http://home.pacific.net.au/~frogge/pepper/lap/lapreport1.html), to get a nearly perfect surface and also lower temps for the P3.

I hope this won't take longer than until Saturday.

So stay tuned! I'll keep you informed!

The only thing that I don't like about my motherboard is that it goes only upto 1,8V VCore for Coppermine CPUs, but all i815 b-steps boards have that "problem". But fortunately I already have the instructions for a voltage mod on that board, if I really need it.

Here's the first pic to let you know I'm already busy getting this chip and first of all the FSB as high as possible.

Last edited:
Just to let you know that I'm really working on the project:

Today I put the heatsinks onto the motherboard's clock generator,voltage regulators(I had alredy attached the heatsinks to northbridge, southbridge and sounblaster some months ago) and I prepared(that's to say cut to size and lapped them to a mirror finish) my RAMsinks!

All I have to say is:
The Arctic Alumina Adhesive works very well!

Finally, I thik I'll open a new thread if I got new(and hopefully better) results, perhaps on Sunday!

So far so good!

Regards

Ingo;)

Back