• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no agp slot please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rufus

I just bought a p3 1000 250 ram pc with a built in 16mb agp video card (mobo pcchips M758lmr ) and I can`t play games (I have mohaa and rainbow 6). The problem is that I have no agp slot.I guess I need a pci video card but can anyone tell me if a geforce2 64mb 400 will run these games very well ,or possibly advise me on a better card.any suggestions on what I could do would be very appreciated. I`d hate to spend more money only to be further dissapointed. Any insight would be great thanks flicker

Right now I have an Xtasy 5564 PCI GeForce2 MX400 64m.b. I can play any game I want. One of my fav`s is Ghost Recon. Welcome To The Forums. Don't forget to join a Team.

Welcome to the Forums...

The Geforce 2 MX 400 will run those games fairly well... probably won't be able to max the settings out... but it'll be playable... look for a DDR version if you can... and overclock it regardless of the ram type (sdr...ddr) and you'll definetly be able to play your games.:D

You could also take a look at a Radeon SDR PCI card, about the same speed as the Mx-400.

PCI GeForce 2 MX400 or PCI ATI Radeon 32SDR are both ok PCI cards and will at least you let your run your games.

Yodums

The Geforce2 MX400 with 64m.b. of Sdram will beat a Radeon with 32m.b. of Sdram. I've owned both and with the Radeon I was getting scores of like 1500- 1900. With the GeForce2 MX400 I'm getting scores of 3000-3100.

Go with the GF. I put a Radeon PCI 32meg in a computer for somebody and played with it for a while......the card is a dog.

Back