• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with PSO experience, I've got some questions (Dreamcast)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

My friend and I recently got out our old Dreamcasts out and started messing with them. This immediately brought back memories of PSO, one of the greatest games to ever touch the DC console. I downloaded PSO BB and started playing it, but I never got my DC character up to level 100. Is there anyway at all that I can play the DC version online? I know the US servers were shut down, but I heard that the Japanese servers are still running. But my characters won't work on the jap servers. Is there anyway I can run my own DC pso server? Has there been any GNU software released to do this? Or even licensed software that is available for free use? The process as I see it would be as followed:

1: Get the DC PSO server software running on one of my PCS

2: Hack the US PSO game so that it connects to my PC running the software

3: Give my friend the address so that we could play PSO once more, just to get my character up to level 100.

I don't see this as possible, but it makes me sad that I never finished leveling my character. It brings back a lot of memories, and it makes me sad that we had to move on and leave the DC and PSO behind :cry:

Just play BB then... you can level to 200 too. Plus there are lots of unreleased items that were added.

They also finally made cool units that give you faster casting for FO's and other such things, which made the game loads better.
and ps, yes i own every single version of pso and the soundtracks... i like it a lot!

Last edited:
boris_37 said:
Just play BB then... you can level to 200 too. Plus there are lots of unreleased items that were added.

They also finally made cool units that give you faster casting for FO's and other such things, which made the game loads better.
and ps, yes i own every single version of pso and the soundtracks... i like it a lot!

well I am playing bb, but it just isn't the same. I'm so stupid about this sort of stuff. When I turned on the dreamcast and saw the PSO start screen just a few days ago, I almost cried, no joke. I really wanted to finish my character, but finishing him in offline mode just wouldn't be the same :(

Back