• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TA8200 A2+. Is it a good choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bima Sylirian

Registered
Hello...
I am planning to build a new Platform with AMD Phenom II X4 945/955. I'm kinda confuse in choosing the motherboard. I want a motherboard which support Hybrid SLI so I could save power with GeForce 9800GTX+.
I heard most Biostar motherboards are pretty tough and can overclock well.
So how bout this TF8200 A2+? Is it as good as the ones with AMD Chipset?
Anybody have tried this with Phenom II?

Last edited:
Biostar makes a good product and they have a good rma dept. If you plan on going nVidia as you say you are then it is a good chioce.

I have the Biostar TF8200 in my sons computer running an X2 5400 @3400 and have used it in 5 other builds with no problems. I haven't tried a Phenom II in it.

I get about the same overclocks as the AMD chipsets with the Phenom II 720 on my EVGA 730a motherboard, which is the same chipset as the TF820.

I've used quite a few Biostar boards over the years, and they've become one of the few companies I wholly trust to make a good quality product with good support. The ones I had were never the best overclockers, and didn't have all the bleeding-edge features of some other boards, but they were well made and perfectly stable for a budget/midrange system.

I am running my second Biostar board since the socket eh? Days.

RMA process is great, not very fast but that's pretty normal.

I have the TA790GX a2+ and am pleased with it, although it was RMA'ed....

Wow thanks for the input guys. :)
I hope this board will be a good choice.
I really like the HybridPower feature in NVidia Chipset for AMD CPU.
If the others also have opinion about Biostar (especially this TF8200 board) please share it.

BIOSTAR MOTHERBOARDS

Have built six systems around Biostar motherboards and never had a problem with their boards. Their manuals are a little lame but who uses a manual anyway?! When my sister-inlaw gets antsy she has me build a new system and I get the old one back [ labor barter] and give her old one to a grandkid.
Haven't used the model you ask about,no thoughts on it.

Back