• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NZXT Switch 810 Black Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

NZXT was established in 2004 as a PC hardware company built on the dreams of gamers. Their unique lineup of hardware is completely inspired by the gaming culture with product designs driven by the worldwide community of PC enthusiasts. One of their most popular pieces of hardware among enthusiasts has to be the Phantom case. Today, NZXT has released their new flagship full tower case, the Switch 810. We're going to have a thorough look into this beast to see if it has what it takes to become NZXT's new most popular product.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Thanks! I love it when manufacturers add small details to their products. In my opinion, those details really make a product stand out.

If there's anything that someone wants to know about the case, just say so and I'll see want I can do.

Very nice and thorough review. Like your backdrop as well ! It was good being you for this review.

Being a Phantom owner I've come to appreciate both the innovation and continuing efforts of NZXT (fan-boi NOT, just recognizing the good work these folks do). This looks to be a good value case for what's included as well. And the black glossy: like you said, after each month's shut-down for maintenance/interior cleaning, is about the only time I touch it, then wipe it, then it's back to glossy for another month. Hardly an issue.

the only thing I do not like is, if the top vents are open, there is no filter, so it's either open and stuff can fall through very easy, or closed. I think a mesh would have been nice under the vent closures.

Great review! this is a really nice case, almost wishing I had have waited for this instead of grabbing my Arc Midi now.

Thanks guys!

Very nice and thorough review. Like your backdrop as well ! It was good being you for this review.

Being a Phantom owner I've come to appreciate both the innovation and continuing efforts of NZXT (fan-boi NOT, just recognizing the good work these folks do). This looks to be a good value case for what's included as well. And the black glossy: like you said, after each month's shut-down for maintenance/interior cleaning, is about the only time I touch it, then wipe it, then it's back to glossy for another month. Hardly an issue.

I like the outdoor backdrop, but the indoor backdrop of Guitar Hero drums isn't the best :p

The dust could still build up on the case and be noticeable, but finger prints shouldn't be a huge issue. Although, there are plenty of people up in arms about the glossy black finish... :rolleyes:

the only thing I do not like is, if the top vents are open, there is no filter, so it's either open and stuff can fall through very easy, or closed. I think a mesh would have been nice under the vent closures.

Some sort of mesh wouldn't have been a bad idea. It sounds like something that could be an easy user mod if someone really wanted to do it.

Great review! this is a really nice case, almost wishing I had have waited for this instead of grabbing my Arc Midi now.

The Midi is a great case too, and I don't think you made a bad purchase. As with any future product, you never know what could come next. So you have to buy based on current availability and any confirmed soon releases. Who knows, a couple weeks after this case is available to the public another manufacturer could release something better. So, no need to wait for the unknown :D

Here's some pics I just took of my 240 rad installed in the top to show clearance with the 5.25" bay with an ODD installed. The fan will have to be installed underneath the top vent.

DSCN2835.JPG

DSCN2837.JPG

DSCN2840.JPG

DSCN2841.JPG

Great review. It's nice to see that the arms race is alive and well in PC cases. The top manufacturers steal shamelessly from one another and push the state of the art forward. I like it.

Yes very good review. I had originally bought myself one of there H2 cases and was very pleased with the craftsmanship of the case itself. One of my main grips with that case was the rubber grommets would always pull out when I was trying to pull wires through them and I can see they fixed that issue in this case. Its good to see that they were listening to feed back from customers. I also really like the LED's on the back side that being a very nice touch. Everything else looks solid and well designed.

I still have my H2 and plan to use it for another machine in the future.

Bravo NZXT.

how many fans does that ship with and are they LED and how do they perform? without the specs handy would a corsair h100 rad fit up on top?

If a 240 rad fits up top like in the pictures in this thread, an H100 would(should) have no issues as the screw spacing is the same on that rad pictured and the H100.

As far as fans, I think it came with 2 or 3...

how many fans does that ship with and are they LED and how do they perform? without the specs handy would a corsair h100 rad fit up on top?

The case ships with 4x 140mm fans, 1x rear, 1x top, 1x front, and 1x interior pivot. The fans do not have LEDs, which is actually my preference. I'll have to see if I have find manufacturer specs on the fans since I don't have a way to measure CFM or mmH2O.

The H100 can fit up top easily either like shown in my previous post or moved toward the rear more to avoid having to mount the radiator between the ODD and the top mount. I don't think the tubes are long enough to be able to mount the H100 on the bottom though, but I'm not sure.

If those fans are pretty quiet, then I would guess they are these - http://store.nzxt.com/product_p/fan-140.htm

I had 3 on my RX360 radiator for about a month before I swapped them out with some Gentle Typhoons. They were much quieter than the AP-15's I have installed now.

That case looks awesome for the price. I think NZXT has a real winner on their hands with this one. I love the fan header on the back of the case for wire management.

I believe those are the correct fans. They are quiet and move quite a bit of air, which is expected from bigger, lower RPM fans. Those fans are spec'd at 62.5 CFM & 0.81 mmH2O, whereas the AP-15 fans are 58 CFM & 2.057 mmH2O. So, the AP-15 fans move about the same amount of air and have a lot more static pressure. So, they should perform better on heatsinks and radiators, but will be louder than the 140 mm NZXT fan.

Back