• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which came first chicken or the egg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

e_8_a_y

hi guys

can you help wicch do i pump to first?

PSU CPU GPU HDD

anyone done this type cooling?

and what results did you get, is it best to leave some out?

any help graetfully recieved!!

cheers all for dropping in!

ther will not be much temprature rise throughout the system, but i would say:

Pump - rad - cpu - gpu - psu - hd

i would remove the hard disk and powersupply and place the northbridge there instead.

the north bridge is rite under your cpu, the south bridge, is by the pci slots, dont worry about the south bridge it doesnt even get slightly warmmm

yah beet me

No, the northbridge isn't your CPU. It's like.....another little processor that comes integrated into the mobo that processes other things that your CPU doesn't. I can't remember what it processes, though.
Here's a pic of a northbridge.
It's under the HSF that has "SOYO" written on it.

i suggest you hold off on the watercooling if you dont really know what everything is yet...

Saying the southbridge doesn;t get at all hot just makes me wonder.

Remember years ago when a CPU could be passivly cooled?
Nortbridge didn't get warm?

Watch, 2 years from now, soutbridges are going to be burning hot!

No the CPU is not the Northbridge chipset if you look at the diagram Here you will see how the chips "talk" to each other. In this case the AMD 761 is the Northbridge and AMD 766 the Southbridge. These allow the processor to talk to different system devices memory etc. Hope that explains it for you;)

CPU's can still be passivly cooled. Ever heard of a VIA C3? The 1GHz puts out 12watts of heat. You don't even need a fan for that.
Here's an article about that. Sorry it's from Tom's Hardware. :(:(

hey guys heres a pic its off me web cam!

and let me say i'm not that bad i built my own computer!!!

vmailpic.jpg

vmailpic2.JPG

Last edited:
Back