• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(another DEAD THREAD) Lite-On Double Layer DVD-RW w/ software for 39.99 @newegg!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Turkey Day Blow Out!
Lite-On 8X Double Layer DVD+/-RW Drive w/ NERO and PowerDVD Software, Model SOHW-832S WHT, OEM

Model# SOHW-832S WHT
Item # N82E16827106946

Specifications:
Write Speed: 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-R, 4X DVD+RW, 4X DVD-RW, 2.4X DVD+R9, 40X CD-R, 24X CD-RW
Read Speed: 40X CD-ROM, 12X DVD-ROM
Interface: ATAPI/E-IDE
Buffer: 2MB
OS Support: Windows 98 / NT 4.0 / ME / 2000 / XP
Features: Supported Double Layer DVD+R9 Recording Function. SMART-BURN avoiding Buffer UnderRun Error. SMART-X function. VAS system reduce vibration and noise.
Packaging: OEM (Software included: Nero and PowerDVD 5)

Good deal! It comes out to something like $50 where I am with tax+shipping, but it's a great price. Realisticly, this is a great choice right now. If you pay extra to get 16x there isn't any media that burn at that speed currently. And I'm too cheap to buy the DL disks, so I don't care that DL is reeeeally slow on this drive. The best thing is that you don't have to wait in line at 3:00 in the morning to get it. However, I got in on the Dell Plextor deal a while back, so I'm good on DVD drives. :)

nice deal, thinking about buying a dvd burner for awhile now... and with 16X media being rare and expensive right now, it seems like 8x will suffice.

Back