• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

URGENT! no boot with XP-M in A7N8X-E *ASUS*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

URGENT! no boot with XP-M in A7N8X-E *ASUS* <<still need help>>

I got my 2400xp-m in the mail. I tried using it in my old A7V333 but it did not work. the post reporter said "CPU failed system test" or something like that.
Soo now I've gone out and bought a brand new A7N8X-E. I put the CPU in and the RAM with my 9600XT and tried booting it. No beeps, no voice, no video. so then I took the RAM out and tried that to see if the RAM was my throuble. but still nothing. So then I took the CPU out, and the board said "CPU not installed" soo then I put my old 1800XP in and it said "System failed memory test".
Soo is there anything i must to to get my 2400XP-M working in the board?

The RAM is from my other mobo, its PC2700 and has worked for 2years now.
The CPU "2400XP-M" is brand new, i'm the only one to test it.
The P/S has worked for 3 years now, was working this morning same with the RAM.
and its got nothing to do with my video card, i know that for sure.

Help would be really great. Thanks for reading this!
:temper: :mad: :cry:

Last edited:
RMA It, Its dead. It should have booted in your A7V333. DOA's are not uncommon. Also, Nforce 2 boards are very picky on ram. Go directly to Nvidia's site and check out the latest compatable ram. Your kingston is probably not supported unless it has infineon or hynix chips. Kingston quit supporting Nforce 2's.

The RAM im using has been in a A7N8X deluxe for over a year, only just had it in my A7V333 for about 6 months... so it should work.
I got the CPU off of Ebay, cos im in Australia and can't buy them here. Can I still RMA it, how do I do that or should i just contact AMD about that?

ah contact the seller on ebay...tell them it was DOA if they wont take it back then contact AMD..usually AMD is nice about things like this and will take the chip back.

Yeah as long as you or the previous owner(s) hasn't done anything rash to it, like cutting bridges or bending pins, AMD will usually fix (give you a new cpu) if you talk to them. You will have to pay shipping though.

Wow, really? Thats cool, I've contacted the seller and are waiting on a reply. Thanks soooo much, $92USD is a lot for me. I'm happy to pay the postage too... Ahhhh I feel "ok" again.. What ever that means :-|
Thanks again ppl.

I sure wish you the best of luck, Hopefully the seller was a company instead of an individual. I've had good luck with some of the big sellers on ebay. However I have also been taken by some individuals. I have learned to read the fine print, and to not leave feedback until i'm satisfied that the product is everything it was described. If you leave a positive feedback right away, it gives you no recourse.

thank you for contacting the Asian Support Hotline. The first months after purchase you have to contact your Reseller, in your case the seller on Ebay, to help you in earranty questions. We cannot help you on this issue.

That's what AMD said :| still waiting for reply from the guy i got it from.

Back