• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBM 5 Question/Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4432

installed on a biostar m7ncdpro board. the d@mn cpu and case temps are only 2C in difference. i know this cannot be the case because the case only has 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan running a xp2000. has anybody else had this problem with this board and mdm5? case - 48C, cpu - 50C

you might have your sensors messed up, or you might have a really high case temp. try running with the side panel off.

if that doesn't show a marked difference in the case temp, perhaps the 'case' temperature is really the thermal sensor on the board for the cpu, whereas your 'cpu' temp is the cpu's internal diode. play around with settings, you might get lucky.

i got the info from mbms site and according to them mine is setup correctly. also, with the side off, the case temp may go down 1C but the cpu will go down 2-3C... weird. could there be dust or something on it?

Read your mobo manual, or download it online if you need to, and find out where your thermal sensors are located on your board.

It's hard to say much about temps if you don't know where they are being read from.

just blew out the case and applied some arctic silver 5 to hsf. now case is 47C and cpu is 48C/idle. i need to find the diode that the case is being read from....

Back