• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poor Raid 0 performance under Vista

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I'm running a abit Fatality F-I90HD, it has the sb600. I've installed windows vista home premium on it but hard drive performance is sucking badly HDTach result came out to be 14.5MB/s which is way below normal. I've updated the drivers from ati's website and updated the bios but it didn't help.

You might want to try the chipset drivers ( South Bridge driver ) from Abit instead, after uninstalling the ATI driver package. Before you do that though, you may want to check in Device Manager under Disk drives--> ATI Stripe ( or whatever your particular stripe set may be called ) | Properties | "Policies" tab... to make sure the "Enable advanced performance" option is selected.

Attachments

• vista-sata-speed.JPG
    vista-sata-speed.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 219
The problem was the driver, as soon as I installed the old driver the computer came to life. It's weird how new drivers don't work when a old one does.

Back