• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to install Yoper, get Kernel Panic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

Well while I'm trying to sort out my Gentoo install, I figured I might as well try Yoper since it shouldn't take that long to install. Well I get a kernel panic right at the beginning. Right after you push enter (or wait 30 secs) and before I type yoper to start the installation. During the Call Trace part, I get

8b 46 0c 8d 48 74 f0 ff 48 74 0f 88 9a 00 00 00 ff 74 24 10
<0> kernel panic: Attemted to kill init!

From what I've read kernel panic's usually mean error from an overclocked system, but this what at stock speeds (200x9). I tried installing it at 800MHz, DDR200 (100x2), but it still has the same error. Also downloaded the .iso twice from two different mirrors just in case (vers 2.1.0-4). Anyone know if there is something I have to adjust before trying to install yoper?

Thanks
Tipycol

Oh they're not compatible? I could've sworn I saw some people running it on an AMD64 system. Maybe I'll try slackware.

Back