• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back to Vista

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Hey Guys maybe yoiu can help me out...

I recently returned to Vista after yet another windows7 blow up. (this time it was an SSD dying.. so not entirely Windows7 fault...)

Still I am sick of it, and since going back to a HDD I want to go back ot the only OS that ever lasted more than a year on my PC.

So reinstalled Vista, and updated. Installed the new CCCP.

I would like to use VMC, and have a ton of MKV files I want to "add to media player list." for when i dont use vmc.

IIRC, I just need Haali x64? I know there was 3 I installed before..

Also is it worth going through the TV pack stuff if I do not intend to use a TVcard?

The reg hack for MKV to "add to media player list" is also really important. For some reason
I can not find it...I have mkvs playable in WMP already but right now to load up a few videos I am having to resort to MPC-HC, and it is totally fail sauce. It freezes if I switch monitors, let alone being able to play on both at once like WMP. :rain:

Thanks in advance guys!:comp:

what are your computer specs? vista 32-bit or 64-bit?

If its 32-bit, you can install CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) and it will work out of the box for you, enabling hardware acceleration for MKVs (it packages MPC-HC codecs).

If its 64-bit, you will probably have to mess wit ffdshow tryouts. I was able to get it to work on my latest HTPC, but I had other issues so I just installed the 32-bit OS.

Yeah 64 bit. CCCP is already installed, I have been so busy lately I have not had time to look up the 64bit stuff

Finally got a couple of minutes to sit down with it last night.
Tried the FFDx64 tryouts. no luck. installed the latest Haali pack and away I went :)

Back