• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4890 confirmed RivaTuner Support!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChinStrap

Unwinder is the man!

is there anything i can offer? i got my hands on one tonight and already miss riva.

please let me know.

Just edit RivaTuner.cfg and add RV790 PCI DeviceID (9460h) to RV770 line of [GPU_1002] section. This way you'll force to see it as old good RV770, the chips have similar architecture so it will work. This trick has been used in many 4890 reviews including Guru3D's one.

(from my thread @ guru forums)

so using rt v2.22 and greater - your line in the config file looks like this..

Code:
RV770	= 9440h-9442h,944Ch,9460h

BINGO ~

riva4890.jpg

now, you can also use programs like Awardfabrik.de's "VoltageFactory" for softmodding vGPU voltage. :)

i'm currently playing around with it now

no, stock vGPU is 1.31 on the 4890 (mine is at least)

mine will do ~950 stable on stock voltage with an upped fanspeed profile. like with everything else "overclocking" maybe i just got a bum one. :/

i guess we will know when more people pick them up and start posting clocks and such.

one thing though, they run very cool. i'm up to 1035c on 1.41 vGPU and @ 100% fanspeed duty cycle, temps stay between 50 ~ 55*C in COD4 (depending on map)

Wow, I googled and came across this thread and was finally able to get support for my 4890. I've had it ever since they first came out but didn't get to put it under water until a week or so ago. I'm idling @ 30C on an MCW-4870...

Any pointers on what I should use to tweak some voltages, etc... I wanna OC this sucker once and for all!!

up the voltage to 1.4 and raise that core clock!

you should be able to get 1ghz core above that depends on how good your card is....

after you get a stable clock you should edit your bios to make that oc permanent ;)

up the voltage to 1.4 and raise that core clock!

you should be able to get 1ghz core above that depends on how good your card is....

after you get a stable clock you should edit your bios to make that oc permanent ;)

Where do I adjust the voltage?

first you need to install this plugin http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217002&highlight=vt1165

and make sure to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) the link to it is in that thread i linked to

after you install the plugin and get the voltage tweak working you will need furmark to make the video cards go into full load so you can change the load voltage and not the idle voltage...

i run furmark in windowed mode under a 640 res

after you find a stable clock i would change the voltage and clock in the video cards bios so you dont have to do all this over again everytime you want to oc your card...

i run furmark in windowed mode under a 640 res

I'll be doing some stress testing tonight too but for finding max temps, not OCing. Is that the recommended setting for FuRMark, 640 windowed? Any change in MSAA or leave it default?

if your going to stress test i would go with fullscreen mode with the default 1280 res

the reason i said windowed mode right now was so he can change the voltage while the gpu is in load if he was to go fullscreen he wouldnt be able to change anything

and when your stress testing with furmark DO NOT put xtreme burn mode you will kill your card

and why dont you just stress test with a game or vantage???

Out of familiarity more than anything, back when I used to overclock my old 8800GTX FuRMark was the stability test recommended to me. Thanks for the tips.

Back