View Single Post
Old 09-30-09, 11:29 PM Thread Starter   #1
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Frontpage Workflow

This thread outlines the process of how an article gets from the writer onto the frontpage.

Step 1:
Authors get a wordpress account created, then write their piece directly on Overclockers.com

Step 2:
Authors save their article as a draft in wordpress, then notify the Content Editors via email or PM that they are ready to have their article editted

Step 3:
A. If the material is ready, the content editor clicks the "submit for review" button which sends it to mdcomp, splat, hokiealumnus, or JoeC, then the content editor updates the status thread that their article is awaiting publishing
B. If the material is not ready, the content editor PMs or emails a proofreader (ratbuddy or wonderingsoul), or makes/suggests changes to the author. If considerable editting changes are made, the content editor receives the authors approval for the changes, then clicks the "submit for review" button

Step 4:
The article is given a final review by mdcomp, splat, hokiealumnus, or JoeC, then it's scheduled and published

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

Last edited by I.M.O.G.; 12-02-09 at 01:21 PM.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks