View Single Post
Old 08-09-10, 07:29 AM   #119
ufc

Quote:
So, are you ready to start overclocking? After entering your BIOS and lowering the CPU & MEM multipliers, go to the voltages section and raise your IOH to 1.3-1.35V and your CPU VTT to +0.2V. Then restart your machine and go back into the BIOS
Quote:
If the test ran without error, raise the bclock by 10MHz, reboot into your OS and run the test again. If the test failed, raise the CPU VTT voltage by a small increment, reboot into your OS and run the test again
Quote:
What is the maximum safe CPU VTT voltage? Depends on a lot of things, but I feel like these are some basic conservative guidelines. If you’re running the stock Intel heatsink and fan, I would not advise more than +0.2V, if you are running a high end air cooler
So I am using a stock intel cooler with an i7 920 so you say in the first step to increase the CPU VTT to +0.2V and then perform a few tests if the first test fails to increase the CPU VTT by a small increment(what exactly is considered a small increment 0.05?) but its already at the maximum safe voltage. So do I just adjust the bclock frequency and leave the CPU VTT Voltage alone after setting to +0.2V in step one? Sorry just a bit confused here. Thanks

Last edited by ufc; 08-09-10 at 07:49 AM.
ufc is offline   QUOTE Thanks