View Single Post
Old 11-10-10, 04:03 PM   #7
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Um, I think that is a bit overboard.

If you don't screw with voltages, you'd have a hard time breaking anything permanently by overclocking. You could possibly scramble some data on a hard drive, but you'd have a hard time causing physical damage to any of the components by modifying the frequency alone. Usually you'd just bluescreen or fail to boot, then reset bios to defaults.

That said, I agree you should know what you are doing before you just go flipping switches... But actually, if you don't touch voltages, the only thing in real danger is possibly losing some data from a borked hard drive.

You can't set your computer on fire by overclocking either. You might make a little smoke, but actually catching fire is not going to happen.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks