• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another GTX 560 ti question lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry for the first link, just trying to have a little fun my bad for being "a disgrace to the image of this community".

All I did was google his exact question and found the answer so I figured Id throw that in there. Won't happen again

I could speculate experience about alot of things :)
If you are looking for long term reliablity get an EVGA, they have a lifetime warranty.

Haha :p Lifetime warranties are always nice, whether I'd need it or not haha. Imma "try" to keep it upgrading, especially since I wanna build computers and repair/troubleshoot for a living....eventually lol.

Haha :p Lifetime warranties are always nice, whether I'd need it or not haha. Imma "try" to keep it upgrading, especially since I wanna build computers and repair/troubleshoot for a living....eventually lol.

Even if you upgrade, you can keep old cards around -- I'm using an evga 8800 gts in my server right now. It will probably hang out in there for another 3 years or so. If it dies 3 years from now I will have essentially gotten 6 or 7 years of use out of it and then they'll give me a new card to replace it. Thats alot of value.

Even if you upgrade, you can keep old cards around -- I'm using an evga 8800 gts in my server right now. It will probably hang out in there for another 3 years or so. If it dies 3 years from now I will have essentially gotten 6 or 7 years of use out of it and then they'll give me a new card to replace it. Thats alot of value.

Never thought of it like that. That's a long time man lol.

BFBC2? A benchmarking program? Idk what it stands for...I do know I'd love to try the benchmarking programs they got out. Idk y but they're like so cool haha.

BFBC2= Battlefield Bad Company 2. It's a game.

As far as benchmarking programs go, try 3dmark05 3dMark06 3dMark Vantage
3dmark11 (see a trend?) :)

BFBC2= Battlefield Bad Company 2. It's a game.

As far as benchmarking programs go, try 3dmark05 3dMark06 3dMark Vantage
3dmark11 (see a trend?) :)

I think....I'm not sure....but somebody loves the 3dMark programs lol. That's a bonus of the twin frozr model, comes w/ 3dMark11 for free!

Well between the MSI 560 TF and the Gigabyte 560 OC (NOT SOC). If you take a look at these images between these two cards with their HSF units removed you can clearly see wich one is a better value. Not to mention, the Gigabyte is a ref PCB so you can get a full face GTX 460 block and mount it up to it, you can't do that with the MSI, it's GPU only then you need heatsinks for the memory modules and the VRM.

And both of these cards currently cost the same amount.

MSI GTX 560 TI 1GB (880/1760)
MSI-N560GTX-Ti-Twin-FROZRII-PCB.jpg

Gigabyte GTX 560 TI OC 1GB (900/1800)
Gigaybte-GV-N560OC-1GI-PCB.jpg

Nice find on that Gigabyte OC PCB shot. I had been looking for a picture of that -- it seems like all the cards Gigabyte sent out for review were SOC cards, so none of the typical review sites had pictures of the OC card.

Those above images are from the EK website.

Also, the Gigabyte SOC only has a heatsink on the VRM and the PCB is not a reference design.

So, the Gigabyt GTX 560 TI 1GB OC card is still the best bang for the buck card.
1) Reference PCB if you want to use a full face GTX 460 waterblock on it
2) Comes stock with heatsinks on the ram and VRM
3) You can use a Danger Den Maze 4/5 for GPU only cooling (this applies to all GTX 460 and GTX 560 cards that use the reference 6 hole method and the Palit/Gainwards that use the custom 4 hole mountings)
4) 100mhz shouldn't be difficult to get out of this card to match the speed of the SOC version (granted your voltages might be higher than the SOC version)

Gigabyte GTX 560 TI 1GB Super Overclocked
Image_12.jpg

I'm still waiting on the egg to get the Gigabyte SOC version back in stock.. i got a notify the other day and when i clicked it they were already re-sold out :p

cant really beat an overclocked card that is at 1k core when some of the other 560s have trouble hitting 950+

I've got the Gigabyte OC Card and was planning to watercool it.
So should I wait for a full block designed for the 560 or can I go for a 460 Block?

I saw that EK is working on a Block but they estimated that it could take up to 6 weeks to get it out (second news on their page).

Has anybody tried to use a 460 Block? Could it work or does it definitely work?

:( it seems the Gigabyte Design (Ref design) has an extra row of capacitors (4 instead of three) left of the VRM part. Visual comparison says: Not without modification and I don't want to take out the saw again. I had to do it with my 4870 (second rev of Sapphire Design) and a reference Watercool block.
Passive VRM cooling is something I don't like if I spend the money for a full block.

I'm saying that this is the best Gigabyte card to get.

Now granted some look at the clock speeds between the gigabyte GTX 560 cards and if you JUST look at that the Super Overclocked version is better.

HOWEVER, if you look at cooling the regular OC card is better. The GV-N560OC-1GI comes with ramsinks on all the bga modules and also a VRM heatsink.

The SOC - just has a VRM cooler and not on the memory modules.

There is a picture on the previous page of the GV-N560OC-1GI showing the heatsinks.

I'm saying that this is the best Gigabyte card to get.

Now granted some look at the clock speeds between the gigabyte GTX 560 cards and if you JUST look at that the Super Overclocked version is better.

HOWEVER, if you look at cooling the regular OC card is better. The GV-N560OC-1GI comes with ramsinks on all the bga modules and also a VRM heatsink.

The SOC - just has a VRM cooler and not on the memory modules.

There is a picture on the previous page of the GV-N560OC-1GI showing the heatsinks.

3 year warranty on the card, and if it fails after then, it's time to upgrade anyway. I'd still take SOC anyday

Both of the gigabyte GTX 560 cards have a 3 year warranty.

But, either way you look at it the standard Gigabyte GTX 560 OC is better than the SOC edition on a few important areas.

OC: $244.99
REFERENCE PCB (only matters if you are waiting for a full face block)
HAS ramsinks
HAS VRM sinks
Will take a Danger Den Maze 4 or 5 using two mounting locations
AIR COOLING: offers clear advatange over the SOC version.
From what I have seen 99.9% of all these cards can hit 1GHZ core clocks.
Power adapters on the side of PCB

SOC: $269.99
CUSTOM PCB!!!
NO ramsinks
VRM heatsink that covers the VRM modules
Longer PCB
Will take a Danger Den Maze 4 or 5 using two mounting locations
(Requires ramsinks if you gpu only cool, your only option at this time)
Power adapters on top of the pcb

Don't get me wrong, either way you will have a very awesome card! However, saving over 20 bux and just overclocking it 100mhz with the standard OC card almost seems like that is what Gigabyte wants you to do considering it has the card setup like this:

Gigaybte-GV-N560OC-1GI-PCB.jpg

While the SOC version looks like this:

Image_12.jpg

Personally, I'm waiting for the EVGA GTX 560 2GB version because I have a sneaking suspision that they are going to do the same thing that they did with their GTX 460 2GB cards.
And that is:
1) Reference 460 PCB
2) 8 x 256MB instead of 16 x 128MB (this means a full face waterblock can cool all 2GB of ram instead of just 1GB like the other makers cards)
3) XSPC Razer 460 block is only 56.99 and will fit a reference PCB 560 with only a little material removal to clear the top row of caps (460 has 3 rows, 560 has 4 rows but all other holes are in the same location)

Back