• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA Introduces The GTX TITAN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think this is marketed towards gamers with multi-monitor setups who don't want to deal with microstutter or lack of scaling in some games but be able to run with ultra/maxed settings.

Exactly and I believe so as well and have heard. NO POINT in buying this just for a sinlge monitor unless you're using DP.

Regardless of the fact that the vram isn't the limiting factor in most cases.

me too, but maybe with the bar set higher we will see more games using the available vram? :shrug:

I believe the limiting factors from the gaming industry is the existance of consoles. Someone needs to drop an A-BOMB on it all so they cease to exist.

Sorry to all the console gamers for my "profanity". :rofl:

This video just came in not too long ago with Kingpin smashing records yes with the TITAN!!! :shock: Beating 4 GTX 680s on LN2 with 4 Titans ON AIR ONLY!!!!!! lawlzzz​

Enjoy! :attn:

Edit: I WANT ONE! LOL!!!!​

One can only wonder how much this one will go for. I'll start by saying $1200+

Last edited:
^^ Seems to. techpowerup said quite a few times that you can pair 4 titan together trough the review.

Press releases said three though I thought.

I think some revews site are wrong, or Nvidia is ? ;)

nvidia said:
NVIDIA SLI Technology
Used by the most demanding gamers worldwide, SLI technology lets you link up to three GeForce GTX Titans together for astounding performance. And with NVIDIA’s track record for fast and frequent software updates, you’ll not only get the best performance in existing games, but future games too.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-titan/features

Lawl........:clap:

"<GTXJackBauer>: Q: How does the Titan perform compared to the other cards in Folding? (For a Good Cause) yel40.png "

My question luckily got picked in the Nvidia Live Stream and was the last question.

Unfortunetly too much gaming was talked about aside from the Crysis 3 crashes but not alot of the computation side of things. I'd love to see a Raytracing Design Garage Demo with this thing.

Edit: Here's the Link to the Video @ 1:29:00 would be a good starting point. :popcorn: - Click Here for Video -

If you notice after Ryan Shrout from PC Perspective says "From GTXJackBauer" he almost looks like he's going to laugh his *** off or something. I guess my name might have got too him and was also a 24 fanatic. :rofl:

As for the question being answered, Tom Petersen from Nvidia said it should work very well and that he doesn't have any data yet on it. Ryan Shrout responded as well by saying to Tom that the client isn't usually ready for new released GPUs.

SUCCESS!!! :bump:

Last edited:
Vince may know something that nobody else does, or may have cracked open drivers. I asked about it on the KPC forum, we'll see if I get a reply.

Vince may know something that nobody else does, or may have cracked open drivers. I asked about it on the KPC forum, we'll see if I get a reply.

Either that or Nvidia made special drivers just for him to use for these events. No idea why they are only doing 3-way SLI to consumers but my only guess is for quantity control.

Heh, I PM'ed him about a BIOS and/or PrecisionX version that lets it get to the 117% power target. Even that will increase my scores. :)

Nice, but 1000 $ is a lot in a GPU market where a even stronger Titan could just be around the corner. No one truly knows what kind of stuff AMD may have inside theyr bag of surprises. Such prices usualy are valid in term the stuff is able to be cutting edge for at least 1-2 years but thats certainly uncertain. AMD may have comparable stuff by end of year, so it may not even last a full year.

So, lets say i have a true need for (which i currently dont, my current cards are fine for 1080P) then i still would not be very certain to spend 1000 $. Sure, a good CPU may cost the same, but its usualy outdated slower than that and a CPU is still more versatile for general use.

Whats certain, Nvidia didnt fail to impress this time. At the launch of the rather average 600 series, i wasnt to impressed and Nvidia was only benefiting from AMDs inferior drivers. So thats why Nvidia at the first months after launch had an edge over AMD. However, the hardware was not superior at all, AMD simply had to fix theyr incomplete drivers first.

Now at the soon to be released Titan, i got a much better feeling that it surely will be a real match against future AMD products. However, we still dont know what kind of stuff AMD is gonna release soon, its still far to much guessing. So it will be a interesing time this year and as usual, the GPU hardware challenge is still the most interesting and most uncertain hardware challenge by far.

Its going to be alot to most but what people don't get is its a hybrid card pretty much. A gamer who does computational work would be ideal or as to a Tesla user who also likes to game as well. Instead of blowing 3k you're better off getting this card. I guess you can say its a bargain for folks who do alot of computational work instead of a gamer when they can spend 500 instead of a 1000 which will never use the other features to it unless this thing which I believe will be a powerhouse for folding. Nonetheless if you're just gaming this card really isn't for you. You can buy something if you're just a gamer or wait for the 700 series.

From my understanding ATI isn't coming out with anything untill the end of the year or next year so unfortunetly we might be seeing higher prices than usual thanks to the invisible ATI.

I can see why only folding was talked about at the end and no computational questions were responded too. Why would Nvidia say this card can also be used like a Tesla. They'd be shooting their own foot.

How many individuals actually have Tesla cards though? Seems like the vast, vast majority are in workstations in work environments. Gaming isn't exactly a priority there.

I can see why only folding was talked about at the end and no computational questions were responded too. Why would Nvidia say this card can also be used like a Tesla. They'd be shooting their own foot.
Let me ask again.. what was said. You havent mentioned that... :)

How many individuals actually have Tesla cards though? Seems like the vast, vast majority are in workstations in work environments. Gaming isn't exactly a priority there.

True. My point is folks who have the cash and have multi display setups will buy this card as well as folks who do computational work and can't afford a 3k+. I'am sure video editing, rendering and folding will be great with this card.

Let me ask again.. what was said. You havent mentioned that... :)

Sorry for the mix up as I had edited my post before and had posted all the info.

Here's the Link to the Video @ 1:29:00 would be a good starting point. :popcorn: -Click Here for Video -
If you notice after Ryan Shrout from PC Perspective says "From GTXJackBauer" he almost looks like he's going to laugh his *** off or something. I guess my name might have got too him and was also a 24 fanatic. :rofl:

As for the question being answered, Tom Petersen from Nvidia said it should work very well and that he doesn't have any data yet on it. Ryan Shrout responded as well by saying to Tom that the folding client isn't usually ready for new released GPUs.

SUCCESS!!! :bump:

Last edited:
Back