• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Crashes NVidia's party......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
Not sure what to say about this but I feel it was a shady move on AMD. Cheap shot. :eek:

NVIDIA is holding a press event in Montreal today and it looks like AMD is crashing that party. AMD set up shop at the hotel across the street and allowed the media to come over to run both the game titles BioShock: Infinite and Tomb Raider at 4K resolutions with the AMD Radeon R9 290X versus the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780. This rather bold move came as a shock as NVIDIA flew us up here to attend their press event and here we had AMD asking us to come to their hotel to look at how their graphics card performs. As you could imagine NVIDIA wasn’t too happy with this marketing stunt and sat outside AMD conference room icon1.png warning their invited guests not to enter.

Source

On another note, lol Nvidia announces their "High-End GPU, GTX 780 Ti" in End of October to Mid of November. (2014) I really hope my 780 Classified can keep up with it. Lots of speculations out there. My gut says it's a full GK110 with only 3 GB of Vram at the 780 price range while the 780s get another price cut. Worse comes to worse, if this thing comes in a waterblock I would do a EVGA step-up program but if I recall that program is only for reference GPUs. SoB! :bang head

We shall see what's in store. Let the games begin!

Well, the 290x seems to be faster than a 780, and probably a Titan...Titan owners won't be happy if their premium product's value goes down south with a full GK110 equipped card that is cheaper.

Ya it's not like they "knew" Nvidia was gonna be there.

Honestly I hope this causes some bad blood because it would push both of them to out do each other to the extreme. (Hoping) BEST IS when AMD KNOWS they got a huge market from Consoles, BF4 etc. They have been drinking the celebrated Kool-Aid/Champaign since they got the big contracts while Nvidia has been on the sidelines and than THIS happens. :rofl:

Remember the party Jerry Sanders held in 2000 at the San Jose Arena? I can see that happening again if they beat nvidia and intel(slim chances) in the same year.

Notice that Shadowplay got announced today? It pushed nVidia to to something.

Guys, don't know if you all ready my last sentence from my OP but Nvidia's answer to the R290x will be the GTX 780 Ti. So you can throw Titan out the window on this one. They have stated it will be their top GPU.

Smh......I just spent $800 on a 780 Classified Hydro Copper in the beginning of August. My blood is boiling already. I can't enjoy a dam high-end overpriced GPU as soon as it went live without it getting "old" within 3-4 damn months. :rain: :mad: :bang head :mad: :bang head .....:cry:

The blame can go both ways. For 1, AMD fault for not coming out with a line to answer Nvidias and 2, Nvidia's fault for exploiting its customers. Should've came out with the Ti with all of its other product line and not milk its customers to death.

AMD is mad their trash can only compete with the 780 and not the Titan

XD

You can't call it trash, AMD just needs to figure out how to get the most of those powerful chips. I guess with some time they'll catch up, and then nvidia will have to either lower the price or come up with something new. 780 should come back to the $500 top of the line mark as it always use to be.

I don't think Titans worth every dollar when you compare to the other options in the market, specially when you can stack up several top cards and still spend less $$.

AMD is mad their trash can only compete with the 780 and not the Titan

XD

Why compete with the titan? The market for that card is so small I don't see any purpose to focus on a GPU compute solution competitor when they can beat the 780. You really need to leave your fanboyism at the door man, I don't have to insult a companies products every post I make to prove a point.

Back