• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD4870x2 temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hsnopi

I have a 4870x2 and i use the ATI tool and I only see one temp. Speedfan doesn't seem to pick up the temps at all.

Any help appreciated.

you should be able to see both temps using CCC... remember its 2 seperate GPU's so you will have to select each one individually to view temps....

In CCC, go to the ATI Overdrive tab, it should be the very bottom on the menu on the left. After you click on the key to unlock the Overdrive functionality, there should be a drop-down menu that you can click on and select the 2nd GPU to see what its temperature is. Normally for me, GPU0 idles at 45-50C and GPU1 idles at 40-45C. For my idle state, though, I drop the core and memory clocks as low as they'll go and set the fan at 35%.

In CCC, go to the ATI Overdrive tab, it should be the very bottom on the menu on the left. After you click on the key to unlock the Overdrive functionality, there should be a drop-down menu that you can click on and select the 2nd GPU to see what its temperature is. Normally for me, GPU0 idles at 45-50C and GPU1 idles at 40-45C. For my idle state, though, I drop the core and memory clocks as low as they'll go and set the fan at 35%.

My 2d clocks are at 500/500 and gpu0 temps are around 45C and gpu1 in the low 20's, running 35% fan speed. During load running stock 3d clocks it gpu0 hits 65C and gpu1 hits around 30-35C using 50% fan speed. It's been that way with all the drivers, gpuz reports the same as well. Anyone else get this difference in temps between both cores? My guess on the reasonis gpu1 gets fresh air from the case while gpu0 gets warn recycled air passing through the heatsink from gpu1.

the difference in temps is because since the gpu's are in a line, the gpu furthest away from the fan is recieving warmed air from the gpu closest to the fan... resulting in the different temps

the difference in temps is because since the gpu's are in a line, the gpu furthest away from the fan is recieving warmed air from the gpu closest to the fan... resulting in the different temps

Yup, this is true. Really, though, for GPUs, temperature isn't an issue hardly at all. My old 7900GS was set to START thermal throttling if the GPU hit 130C. Same with my 8800GTS 512. As long as the GPUs are below 80-90C and aren't producing any errors, I don't really care how hot they run.

I'm personally not comfortable with the temps my 4870x2 is running at. I've see it go up to 91C under heavy load and that's way too high for me. I'm going to WC for the first time because of this card.

I'm personally not comfortable with the temps my 4870x2 is running at. I've see it go up to 91C under heavy load and that's way too high for me. I'm going to WC for the first time because of this card.

What fan speed were you running your card at? i run mine at 50% and i reach 85C full load. i idle aroung 57C

What fan speed were you running your card at? i run mine at 50% and i reach 85C full load. i idle aroung 57C

Running at 40% when I see those temps. Anything above that is too loud. WC should give me better temps and less noise. At least I'm hoping so.

have a 120mm fan at the bottom of your case blow air up towards the fan on the x2... i have done this and my load temps are 50 degrees with fanspeed at 40%... its a lot cheaper than a WC kit!!

Back