• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ive never seen anything like it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, not a whole lot compared to other extreme cooling methods, you can get mineral oil for about $10/gal and dry ice for about $1.25/lb so with 4 gallons of oil and 8lbs of ice that would be $50, he has more than that though.

Show me an overclock!!!

-60° and not even one PI run or CPU-Z shot.......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

El<(')>Maxi said:
Show me an overclock!!!

-60° and not even one PI run or CPU-Z shot.......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
thats what i was thinking, that temp probe may have been anywhere to get
-60, what the cpu reading? :shrug:

Well some watercooling setups are just as much work and only hold ambient temps, but they can do it 24/7.
I wonder how this guys setup would run without the dry ice.

some one mentioned the heatpipe heatsink earlier....how that wasnt a good idea. Blow nearly $100 on everything, and screw yourself over but not knowing too much...
whatever....
**puts the idea in storeage**

Epox4life said:
Well some watercooling setups are just as much work and only hold ambient temps, but they can do it 24/7.
I wonder how this guys setup would run without the dry ice.

You kidding? It wouldnt. The heat transfer properties of oils are horrible. It would overheat in a matter of minutes and shut down or burn out.

Its flashy, but its not practical, it doesnt last and the preformance is horrible. Meh, fun to look at but thats it.

Back