• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My LCD - Finished + pix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Byter

Img_0028.jpg

Img_0029.jpg

Img_0030.jpg

Img_0031.jpg

and my little "LCD" I love more then all other ;)

4.jpg

Reall Nice good work fella!!! If you want to back light it buy some altra bright LED and sand down the nose so they are flat..... then sand around the sides so they they looked smoked then mount them by eith drilling part way into the plexi glass or attach to the plexi where they can't been seen this will cause the light to disapate through the plastic..I'm working on speakers at the moment!

Pics work great. The only thing that strikes me as odd, don't you mean Status instead of States......It kind of makes more sense for everything to have status.

That is really sweet. How did you make something like that??? It would be really cool if you could put blueprints of this up on the internet so others could try it out.

I'm very intrested in something like this. Keep up the good work.

yes, I'm interested in doing something like this as well and mounting it on my CPU. A nice walk through of how you did it would be appreciated. Also, where and what parts you bought to accomplish everything.

yeah , I like it , its one of those things that are unique to your computer , and aint that what modding is all about?

Ok there are many probucts out on the market for doing this, The unit The Byter is using is sold with LCD and LCD controler but they don't come cheap I recently posted a "how to" for an external mounted monitor with Blue back lit LCD.

Click here For the 'HOW TO'

But these bad boys don't come cheap !! They retail in around $100

You can visit this site for more details on Kits
LIS LCD Site

I wish there wasn't a serial connection on it since my PC just has USB connectors. Is there a way to add a serial port to the PC???

deathman20 said:
I wish there wasn't a serial connection on it since my PC just has USB connectors. Is there a way to add a serial port to the PC???

like USB, I'm sure you can get a serial expansion card

deathman20 said:

don't all ATX boards have at least one serial port on the back panel?

I'm sure there are serial expansion cards, but they are probly ISA.

Sweer @SS mod dood, I want an LCD, but no $ right now :(.

Mobo

I wish I had extra money for stuff like that, but as of now I am broke:cry:and I still haven't finished getting the upgrades I want some of which are case fans,heat sink/fan,and 2 80gb or better hard drives once prices drop on them. :D Any how good job on that LCD.

Back