• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me overclock my Laptop GPU!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Asaggynoodle

Im using win 7 64bit and ive got a integrated 4250, i need more performance.. CAN someone point me in the right direction on how to do this? Ive got 4 gigs of ddr3 ram and A phenom II @ 2.8 GHz DUAL CORE, Ive overclocked my desktop plenty of time but my laptop is completly different. PS its a HP Dv6 THX

If the BIOS has the support to do it, you're golden, however generally laptops can't, so....buy a faster one... ;)

Check your load temps first. Laptops usually run very hot even with stock settings.

If the BIOS has the support to do it, you're golden, however generally laptops can't, so....buy a faster one... ;)

they key word in his post would be GPU which you won't find in the system bios on a computer anyway laptop or not

they key word in his post would be GPU which you won't find in the system bios on a computer anyway laptop or not
The BIOS for my mobo (MSI 880GMA-E4) with the same IG has an entry:

Code:
▶ Onboard VGA Core OverClock
This item allows you to overclock the onboard VGA.

I haven't explored it but it does seem to hint at overclocking ability. That capability seems less likely on a laptop where there is typically less or no excess colling capacity.

Back